Glenn Younes: Who Has Been Orioles' Biggest Surprise So Far?

PressBoxOnline

To me it's Chris Tillman being on pace for an 8 WAR season (2nd on the team currently).

Honorary mention to Trumbo nearly leading the AL in HR.

Yea, Tillman.

Trumbo has a career OPS of 843 in April and 897 in May. His strong start (918 OPS) isn't far out of the norm for him.

To me it's Chris Tillman being on pace for an 8 WAR season (2nd on the team currently).

Honorary mention to Trumbo nearly leading the AL in HR.

I love Tillman, but is it really that much of a surprise that he bounced back from his down year, last year?

He won 16 games in 2013, and wasn't that far from getting 20.

Yes, he is pitching better now, than he ever has.

Rick, you have been around here long enough to know better than point Wins as a marker for pitching performance. :)

His Whip, K/9 and especially his FIP are way better this year. I don't think that was expected at all. I hope he keeps it up.

Rick, you have been around here long enough to know better than point Wins as a marker for pitching performance. :)

His Whip, K/9 and especially his FIP are way better this year. I don't think that was expected at all. I hope he keeps it up.

True!

But, for me, this isn't the biggest surprise of this year's team.

Trumbo Jumbos has to be, seriously, he did more with his bat in the first 25 games than any Oriole in history of the team.

True!

But, for me, this isn't the biggest surprise of this year's team.

Trumbo Jumbos has to be, seriously, he did more with his bat in the first 25 games than any Oriole in history of the team.

Eh, as others have said, these are his months. If he somehow continues this onslaught then I would agree.

Archived