Matusz Gone, who is next?

webbrick2010

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you are the Red Sox or Yankees or Dodgers you can just make your mistakes go away.

I'm not of the opinion that Kim was a mistake. Not yet anyway. With Alvarez struggling, there's no reason that Kim shouldn't be able to get into the lineup for a few games in a row.

#VotePedro

Perhaps you posted your opinion on the matter somewhere else, but I am curious to know your thoughts on Kim as it pertains to taking away playing time from Rickard and Alvarez?

Perhaps you posted your opinion on the matter somewhere else, but I am curious to know your thoughts on Kim as it pertains to taking away playing time from Rickard and Alvarez?

Alvarez is a full blown major league hitter against all right handers. I have no opinion regarding Reimold, Kim or Rickard. Some folks seem to think that with Trumbo in the outfield, Rickard's far superior speed and arm are necessary.

Alvarez is a full blown major league hitter against all right handers. I have no opinion regarding Reimold, Kim or Rickard. Some folks seem to think that with Trumbo in the outfield, Rickard's far superior speed and arm are necessary.

I'm not doubting Alvarez in the long run when it comes to hitting RH pitching, but right now while he is struggling, would it be so bad to sit him here and there and let Kim DH? Anything to get Kim in the lineup just so we can truly see what we have. I understand those that want to attribute Kim's limited success to luck, but hasn't he been "lucky" enough to warrant more of an opportunity? And saying Kim can't cut it defensively isn't enough for me when Rickard has been less than stellar out there.

If we aren't going to play him, just because, then the team needs to move on. We can't have another Jason Garcia situation on our hands. Sooner or later we are going to need that bench slot.

Look, it's simple.

If Dan had sold the pick for a framed picture of General Sherman's horse he would be talking up a framed picture of General Sherman's horse right now.

I wish that horse was around this morning so I could beat on it some more. That dead horse would have more energy than me after last night.

9th inning Bases loaded Gregerson pitching

Gregerson holds RH'ers to a .167 average, .426 OPS

LH'ers hit .256 with a .740 OPS

Rickard due up, Rickard hitting .250 against RH'ers with a .622 OPS

against LH'ers .291 with a .740 OPS

Kim ready and willing on the bench

does Buck pinch hit?

Nope, and Rickard strikes out on 3 pitches

just as dumb as O'day pitching to Correa with Marisnick on deck

Correa scorces an at em ball to Schoop

Earl Weaver was tossing in his grave for that 9th inning failure to play the percentages

But that's Buck a true hunch player

Archived