vs. RED SOX, 6/1

Sessh

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bud Norris has a career WAR of 3.8. 0.6 WAR with the Orioles. I'll bet my car that Hader bests that.

I'm not a huge fan of WAR for SP. Too K centric, but that's another topic.

If Hader can have 4 seasons of being at least a league average SP, I'll be surprised. Don't bet your car man. He could blow his arm out tomorrow.

The Rodriguez trade upset me a lot more than either of those trades. At least with the Hader trade, they got a SP with 2.5 years of control back in return. Trading Rodriguez for a rental reliever when the bullpen was already one of the strongest in baseball said everything about Dan. He couldn't care less about the future of this team after his contract is up.

Without Miller, we very well may not have gotten past the Tigers. I was OK with that one, because Miller was as advertised...a beast and made our strong pen, a shutdown pen. It was worth a shot to get to the World Series, imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's amazing really. I don't think this team has had a good GM since Frank Cashen. I hated how Pat Gillick let the farm system die when he was here. It played a major role in the downward spiral of this team in the late '90s. He did the same thing in Toronto, Seattle and Philadelphia as well.

It's amazing really. I don't think this team has had a good GM since Frank Cashen. I hated how Pat Gillick let the farm system die when he was here. It played a major role in the downward spiral of this team in the late '90s. He did the same thing in Toronto, Seattle and Philadelphia as well.

I think time has proven that AM was a good GM here.

Archived