Why Happened to the other Camera angles on the Davis almost HR?

murph

Just finished watching the game on DVR. Skipped through fairly quickly, but slowed down for the Davis monster foul ball in the 8th. I saw the challenge. But only one camera angle?

Was there any commentary on this? Seems to me that could have been a huge turning point. Momentum seemed lost after that.

MASN showed a couple different replays during the post game. Nothing 100% definitive but to my eyes that ball was fair. Also with replay now a part of the game, why can't each foul pole have a camera for this type of play.

Good point on the foul pole cameras.

The only replay I saw was of the original shot, which I agree was not definitive, but still looked more fair than foul.

MASN showed a couple different replays during the post game. Nothing 100% definitive but to my eyes that ball was fair. Also with replay now a part of the game, why can't each foul pole have a camera for this type of play.

I was yelling at the TV today about this. I don't understand why they don't have a camera on the top of each pole pointing upwards with a wide angle and a visual line showing fair/foul.

Buck says a lot of things. Without technology on the foul pole you weren't going to be able to tell whether that was fair or foul.
I did, but I had to pull up a photo to double check it. A stripe up the Warehouse in line with the foul pole would do it. It's not a problem with LF because the ball will always land in the stands and that can be used for reference.

Archived