Duensing up, Wright down ( Duensing Surgery, Possible August Return.)

Tony-OH

Duensing faced 5 lefty batters at Norfolk and 2 of them got hits. So they are batting .400 against him. His history even against lefties in not that impressive. Its kind of a head scratcher for me. I don't think he is with the O's very long. He has 6 years of service time so he can refuse any option and become a free agent.

Not being able to option him reduces the flexible on the pitching staff.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duensing faced 5 lefty batters at Norfolk and 2 of them got hits. So they are batting .400 against him. His history even against lefties in not that impressive. Its kind of a head scratcher for me. I don't think he is with the O's very long. He has 6 years of service time so he can refuse any option and become a free agent.

We're basically back to where we were, flexibility wise, before Matusz got shipped out.

As I said in the beginning, he is a reliever, and he might be a real good one.

Trade one of Wright/Givens for a nice deadline piece?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see if he is in the rotation or the pen at Norfolk.

And just for information purposes....Gallardo gives up 2 runs, 4 hits, 1 walk and 26 pitches tonight in the first inning against Potomac single A. Great!

Yeah, but his K:9 is 18, so you know he's good.

Seriously though, the reports say nothing was hit hard.

I can't imagine that he'll be up north for his next start.

You're seriously judging a guy on a handful of ABs?

His numbers against lefties in the minors this year:

38 plate appearances, .243/.263/.324 - .587 OPS with a 375 BAbip

Against righties:

57 plate appearances, .216/.273/.275 - .547 OPS with a 282 BAbip

He did not have a great 2015 against lefties in the majors, but since he's been a reliever in the majors against lefties:

2013: .303/.344/.443 - .786 OPS

2014: .242/.282/.305 - .587 OPS

2015: .288 /.413/.364 - .776 OPS

His 2015 was largely driven by poor control. So I feel between his minor league stats this year, his major league stats in 2014/2015, if he can keep his control against lefties, he'll be just fine.

Yeah, but his K:9 is 18, so you know he's good.

Seriously though, the reports say nothing was hit hard.

I can't imagine that he'll be up north for his next start.

I'd hope not.

Final numbers today:

3 IP, 7 H, 2 BB, 3 ER, 4 SO

He threw 59 pitches, 43 for strikes.

I'd like to know what his velocity was like. Either was, 9 baserunners in 3 IP is very much like the crap he was doing w/ the O's. I'm going to give him a slight benefit of the doubt since he hasn't pitched in over a month.

I'd hope not.

Final numbers today:

3 IP, 7 H, 2 BB, 3 ER, 4 SO

He threw 59 pitches, 43 for strikes.

I'd like to know what his velocity was like. Either was, 9 baserunners in 3 IP is very much like the crap he was doing w/ the O's. I'm going to give him a slight benefit of the doubt since he hasn't pitched in over a month.

Topped out at 90.

Archived