Mike Wright starting tomorrow per Roch

LookitsPuck

To state the obvious, he pitched very well tonight. Is it my imagination or did he throw a bit of a tantrum after Schoop's throwing error? I thought I saw that on the broadcast but haven't been able to find a replay. In any case, he settled down and made a good pitch to end the inning.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"When you look at the way you've pitched, and you have a 6 ERA - it's time to make a change." - Wright post game.

Yeah, heard that, lip service or for real? We will see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To state the obvious, he pitched very well tonight. Is it my imagination or did he throw a bit of a tantrum after Schoop's throwing error? I thought I saw that on the broadcast but haven't been able to find a replay. In any case, he settled down and made a good pitch to end the inning.

Some guys mature at different rates. Be patient with him. Schoop needs to increase his baseball iq. Blowing by the hold sign was a rookie mistake.

No chance to double up Dyson either.

Buck said that Schoop was trying to fake a throw to first before going to third. Guess Manny taught him that one. I don't have much of a problem with that, although tied 0-0 in the seventh may not be the time to get cute. What I do have a problem with is him ducking his head and ignoring the stop sign in the seventh. I love that fact that he's having fun with Manny but he's no Manny and needs to realize that to be a star will require a ton of work on his part. Baseball should be fun but he has the chance to be a star imo and needs to work and grind to do that.

Seven innings. No earned runs against the defending World Champions.

Their lineup is pretty feeble right now, and slumping badly. I'm glad Wright took advantage of them, but let's not make them out to be the '27 Yankees.

Their lineup is pretty feeble right now, and slumping badly. I'm glad Wright took advantage of them, but let's not make them out to be the '27 Yankees.

Very true, but let's not rain on Wright's parade. A confidence builder like this can propel him to fill his potential. This is just what the doctor ordered for him

I didn't even know we had two Mike Wrights in the system. They even bear a physical resemblance to one another, though their mental makeups seem very different. I don't know why we called the crappy one up first, but maybe we have the right Wright on the big club now. :)

We can still win the series in game 2 and 3.

Ok what's the line on head case Wright making it to the 4th inning. :rolleyestf:

Say your prayers.

Hide ya wife, hide ya kids.

**** you guys.

Sincerely,

Dennis Michael Wright

Satisfaction.

Honestly I didn't see anything tonight that made me think he could stay in the rotation. He threw 81 percent fastballs. I don't think that's going to work long-term. With the lack of strong secondary pitches, he could become a nice bullpen piece.

Honestly I didn't see anything tonight that made me think he could stay in the rotation. He threw 81 percent fastballs. I don't think that's going to work long-term. With the lack of strong secondary pitches, he could become a nice bullpen piece.

Party Pooper:)

I agree but it feels good to have hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived