Fire Sale

weams

This team is not going to come close to trading Davis or Britton.
I wouldn't expect PA to allow CD to be traded, but I wasn't talking about what the team will do, I'm saying what I would be willing to trade in order to improve the SP. If say we could get a Kluber or a Harvey for CD, I think we'd be better off. Trumbo could step into 1B without missing a beat. Britton needs to be traded if not at the deadline then this winter, he will be too expensive.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assumed going into the year that the only way we are trading for an impact pitcher is in a buy-buy situation. As of right now that situation looks like the Indians are a great partner. They have plenty of pitching and need bats. I have no clue what a deal would look like, just know that living in Ohio and watching the Indians, the need always seems to be power hitting. If they stay in contention, no sense in trading their pitching for prospects. The fans don't want to see anymore of those trades, they want a bat to compete this year, but will the GM do what is needed? To my knowledge, they could use Corner IF and OF help (even if Brantley can get healthy). Not sure who on our team would have the value + who we are willing to deal, but that seems like the only strength we could be willing to trade. Not sure they want to get rid of a bullpen arm, too valuable. Maybe we will get lucky and Alvarez can get hot and we can package him with someone? Wow this is depressing without a farm system, and even more depressing that we have no clue how to develop a starting pitcher.

You're welcome to think what you want, but this is absolutely nutty banana logic here IMO.

First, you don't want DD to trade at all. You state it emphatically in multiple posts because he is so darn awful. Someone correctly points out a good trade in Trumbo (note that there are SEVERAL others like Brach) and you change your criteria without even breaking a sweat. Careful, your biases are showing.

The truth is that DD has had some poor trades/decisions and some good-to-excellent trades/decisions. Very few things in life are nearly as black and white as people want to make them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I said that I don't want him trading any more pitching prospects are making any more big SP signings. He did well on Trumbo and some others. His forte seems to be on the waiver wire and salary dumps, he should stick to that.

I agree with the Black and White comment, couldn't agree more. I don't think DD is awful ( I have said repeatedly that I thought he was a B- GM). I have however lost faith in his ability to evaluate our SP prospects and identify SP FA pitchers. He has a very bad track record there.

He should stick to bats and the waiver wire. I have moved to the COC camp with trading away prospects at this point (including Jimenz and Gallardo signings).

I wanted Fister/Latos/Simon on the cheap hoping one would work out. No draft picks (in a "deep" draft this year too).

I have to laugh out loud and some of the suggestions. Trading Davis after eating some of his salary? Trading Britton? How do moves like that make you better? Ya, our starters have been abysmal as a group lately but hurting your offense or bullpen to correct the problem is like treading water. The reason why we have been competitive despite the horrible starting pitching is because of our bullpen and offense. Anyone you get will play one out of five days so that answer is to trade your cleanup hitter for that guy? I would also not trade Wright. I don't care what his performance has been, see Arietta. I'd trade Wilson before Wright. Maybe Dan can pull a rabbit out of his hat and pick up another Chen or Gonzalez type? That's what we really need.

You have that much confidence in Rickard?

Everyone seems to think I'm crazy for suggesting Jones. Maybe Hill is not the one but we need a dependable starter. I have near zero confidence that Jones will deliver in the clutch. If you can get rid of the salary while he is still worth something. I think we can cover the outfield with

Kim/Reimold/Trumbo/Rickard. Bring up Dariel and even Davis can play RF if needed.

I have to laugh out loud and some of the suggestions. Trading Davis after eating some of his salary? Trading Britton? How do moves like that make you better? Ya, our starters have been abysmal as a group lately but hurting your offense or bullpen to correct the problem is like treading water. The reason why we have been competitive despite the horrible starting pitching is because of our bullpen and offense. Anyone you get will play one out of five days so that answer is to trade your cleanup hitter for that guy? I would also not trade Wright. I don't care what his performance has been, see Arietta. I'd trade Wilson before Wright. Maybe Dan can pull a rabbit out of his hat and pick up another Chen or Gonzalez type? That's what we really need.
I don't think Trading Davis for a TOR hurts our offense that much but it does wonders for our SP. Plus it gives us a better chance at signing Manny.

Dang somebody that can read! LOL

I agree, very silly to trade those two.

You know, Norris was pretty darn good in 2014, if he could pull off something like that.

"The Yankee announcers, whom I was forced to listen too this past series, had a funny story about that. They said Buck told them he gave Jones three options: Take a few days off , bat #6, or try batting #1. He framed it so lead off was a no brainer. Then he went on to say line up construction was greatly overrated."

How are they able to get that tidbit of info and the MD media never reported it? I'm calling B.S.

"The Yankee announcers, whom I was forced to listen too this past series, had a funny story about that. They said Buck told them he gave Jones three options: Take a few days off , bat #6, or try batting #1. He framed it so lead off was a no brainer. Then he went on to say line up construction was greatly overrated."

How are they able to get that tidbit of info and the MD media never reported it? I'm calling B.S.

Even if he said this, was Buck being serious? Sounds like he could have been pulling their legs.

Dang somebody that can read! LOL

I agree, very silly to trade those two.

You know, Norris was pretty darn good in 2014, if he could pull off something like that.

And you think trading Davis is silly?:rofl::mwahaha::smile11::laughlol: Norris:1.88 whip 7.48 ERA.

Archived