Fire Sale

weams

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you acknowledge that Peter Angelos would never allow Duquette to trade Davis or Britton in the middle of a season? The same Davis who he personally made sure that we signed last winter?
What do you think 'of course he can't means"? I'm not so sure PA cares all that much about Britton one way or the other.

I don't think you are very sure about anything. The Orioles would never trade Davis or Britton this season. Crazy talk but it becomes you.
Never said the Orioles would trade either, I said IMO they should. But I know that's a difficult distinction for you to make, and thanks for trolling.

I don't want DD to do a damn thing anymore other than man the waiver wire. I have lost all trust in his FA signings and trades, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many times do you have to whine about the same thing? The Orioles have the second best record in the AL. You should be enjoying the success that DD and Buck have had. But even if the team were in last place posting the same thing over and over again would be tiresome.

The difference is I don't hold DD accountable for stuff that is out of his control. I would trade CD for a TOR but I wont blame him when he doesn't. Of course he cant. The point being IMO we need the TOR SP more than we need his bat no matter how well he is hitting. We have plenty of offense.

No team is going to trade a Top starter for Chris Davis. Top Starters are a lot harder to find than a power hitting first baseman. Especially a first baseman that has a huge contract.

How many times do you have to whine about the same thing? The Orioles have the second best record in the AL. You should be enjoying the success that DD and Buck have had. But even if the team were in last place posting the same thing over and over again would be tiresome.

I don't say your whining when I disagree. I would expect the same mutual respect.

Perhaps I believe that with another GM and some slightly different offseason choices, we would be in much better shape to tackle the postseason.

U

I don't say your whining when I disagree. I would expect the same mutual respect.

Perhaps I believe that with another GM and some slightly different offseason choices, we would be in much better shape to tackle the postseason.

Change for change sake, doesn't always get you a better man.

Change for change sake, doesn't always get you a better man.

I think Buck is ultimately running the show at the end of the day, so I would be fine with Brady Anderson taking over honestly.

I agree with your point, but DD has lost my confidence in the pitching arena. I think I am ready for a change.

I think Buck is ultimately running the show at the end of the day, so I would be fine with Brady Anderson taking over honestly.

I agree with your point, but DD has lost my confidence in the pitching arena. I think I am ready for a change.

Not that Im oppose to Brady, but with DD as his mentor, if DD is weak in pitching skills department, so won't Brady?

Not that Im oppose to Brady, but with DD as his mentor, if DD is weak in pitching skills department, so won't Brady?

I am not particularly excited by Brady, but given the structure here, meaning Buck has more power than a manager does in an organization, then not sure it matters a great deal. I think each person has their own strengths and weaknesses. Maybe a player GM would bring some unique advantages...worked for Billy Beane.

Archived