Updates on Hunter Harvey

Norfolk orioles

12 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

On the HR, he started with an inside breaking ball on the first pitch.  Once I saw Sisco call for the outside fastball, my first thought was, he knows that pitch is coming and he's going to hit it hard.  I would have called for another breaking ball, probably in the bottom part of the zone/dirt.

The fastball was right in the center of the zone. It's natural destination was somewhere high and far. A better located pitch would have been been more difficult to barrel. 

• 2 weeks later...

For those looking for Hunter Harvey. From the Sun:

Hyde was asked Sunday why Harvey didn't pitch in the four-game series with Texas: "He’s OK. I was just giving him a break. He should be OK in the Dodgers series." Today: "He should be OK. ... He had a little bit of soreness, and we just wanted to stay away from him for a while.”

Hunter Harvey, who hasn’t pitched in a week and is throwing a bullpen today, has dealt with “a little bit of soreness,” Brandon Hyde said. He would not specify where that soreness was.

9 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

For those looking for Hunter Harvey. From the Sun:

Hyde was asked Sunday why Harvey didn't pitch in the four-game series with Texas: "He’s OK. I was just giving him a break. He should be OK in the Dodgers series." Today: "He should be OK. ... He had a little bit of soreness, and we just wanted to stay away from him for a while.”

Hunter Harvey, who hasn’t pitched in a week and is throwing a bullpen today, has dealt with “a little bit of soreness,” Brandon Hyde said. He would not specify where that soreness was.

Hate it when this happens!  I fear a shutdown after MRI results. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Hate it when this happens!  I fear a shutdown after MRI results. 

These days, I dont care who the pitcher is, but, when you hear words like soreness.

You automatically jump to the worst case, and assume he is done for this year, and maybe even next.

Not picking on you Bob, but, this is the current state of mind, in all the fans. IMO

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

sportsfan8703 is nodding his head somewhere!

Hopefully it’s nothing significant.   

I think sports fans take comfort in trying to identify points in time where they feel things went south or when something went wrong.  That way, we can feel like we know more than we do.

It's naive to think that Hunter Harvey would be able to avoid a 33 pitch inning in his career at some point.  

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think sports fans take comfort in trying to identify points in time where they feel things went south or when something went wrong.  That way, we can feel like we know more than we do.

It's naive to think that Hunter Harvey would be able to avoid a 33 pitch inning in his career at some point.  

A 33 pitch inning seems fairly low for 2019 Orioles, honestly. 

• Upvote 1