O's have a 901 OPS in June

wildcard

This is why I wasn't too worried about the offensive slump the team had in the last 10 days or so of May. The team will have highs and lows, but it's going to hit more often than it isn't. I'm particularly happy to see Jones, Davis and Alvarez getting hot.

This is why I wasn't too worried about the offensive slump the team had in the last 10 days or so of May. The team will have highs and lows, but it's going to hit more often than it isn't. I'm particularly happy to see Jones, Davis and Alvarez getting hot.

Hope Kim stays hot.

Now at the halfway point in the month, here are some notable performances:

Alvarez 1.157 OPS, 4 HR

Davis 1.107 OPS, 6 HR

Trumbo .992 OPS, 5 HR

Jones .932 OPS, 7 HR

Those four players have hit 22 homers in June. Only one other AL team (besides the Orioles) has hit more than 22 homers this month.

They started June 1st at 7 games over .500 and now are at 11 games over .500 despite poor starting pitching. The offense obviously isn't going to OPS .900 forever of course so the SP needs to get better. Now we have made it through a tough schedule recently. We now play 4 against the Rays and 2 against the Padres once again. It would be prudent to take advantage of this because after this we have 4 with SEA and then 3 against LAD after that. We then finish up with 3 against LAA before the break.

The team OPS for June is back up to .901, which is where it was when wildcard named this thread. Right now we have ten players with an OPS over .850 for the month. Two games to go, let's make them count!

Archived