TT: Gallardo 88-92 tonight, expect back in rotation

Tony-OH

I heard from someone very close to the situation that Gallardo was 88-92 tonight velocity wise and looked good overall.

I would expect with that velocity and the fact he's was up to 90 pitches tonight, he'll be replacing either Wright or hopefully Jimenez in their rotation spot this weekend.

Saying all that, let's remember, it took him 90 pitches to get through five innings in AAA, so the excitement must be tempered. Of course the thought of never having to watch another Jimenez start is a reason to celebrate!

So many mixed emotions.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Taking 'in park' radars for what they're worth, Yovani Gallardo was 87-89 with most of his fastballs tonight,..touched 90 a few times.</p>— Pete Michaud (@TidesRadioVoice) <a href="

">June 14, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Either way I don't think we should be expecting too much.

I'm cautiously optimistic. If his fastball is in the high-80s I think that can work. He was sitting 84-85 earlier this year. I think he's got a chance to be our third best starter. I know that's not saying much, but I'll take any improvement I can get.

The report i got was not from "in park" radar readings.

Is it normal that the radar readings the fans see in the stadiums are off from what the team has? I remember when he started at Frederick reading the same thing. Their stadium radar had Gallardo a few mph lower than what the team had.

Is it normal that the radar readings the fans see in the stadiums are off from what the team has? I remember when he started at Frederick reading the same thing. Their stadium radar had Gallardo a few mph lower than what the team had.

Traditionally stadium guns are off or inconsistent due to their placement.

The report i got was not from "in park" radar readings.

Wasn't that what they were claiming his first outing? When he was sitting 87-88 in the park, but someone said that it's usually 4mph off? Only to be found out that a scout said he was barely hitting 90?

Radar guns seem to be all over the place. I saw Bundy pitch twice in Winston-Salem and the scoreboard MPH radar was 2-4 MPH less than the scouts I asked in the stands. But I'm with you, Tony. Cautiously optimistic and looking for a bit of fresh air in our rotation. Even if it's recycled air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wasn't that what they were claiming his first outing? When he was sitting 87-88 in the park, but someone said that it's usually 4mph off? Only to be found out that a scout said he was barely hitting 90?

Believe what you want. Just reporting what I was told and I have no reason to believe I was being lied to.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but at the end of the day, if he can replace Jiminez in the rotation I'm fine with seeing how he does once again.

Archived