Options for Wednesday start?

bpilktree

If Bundy were in the minors he'd be making 3-4 inning starts. What's the difference in letting him make one up here and see what happens.

Also we should do the paper move and demote Gausman. He wouldn't miss a start and we can have an 8 man pen for the next 10 days.

I don't think Ubaldo has earned a chance at starting again. If we're keeping him then he should only be used for mop up games.

I'd go Bundy with an 8 man pen behind him.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they are going to do a bullpen game anyway why not start it with Ubaldo? Just yank him as soon as he gets in trouble.

If there's any team I might trust him to go a decent 5 innings it might be San Diego (or Philly but sadly we don't play them this year).

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might give Ubaldo another chance... ugh I hate the way that sounds.

If Bundy were in the minors he'd be making 3-4 inning starts. What's the difference in letting him make one up here and see what happens.

Also we should do the paper move and demote Gausman. He wouldn't miss a start and we can have an 8 man pen for the next 10 days.

I don't think Ubaldo has earned a chance at starting again. If we're keeping him then he should only be used for mop up games.

I'd go Bundy with an 8 man pen behind him.

Pretty sure Gausman is out of options.

It's either got to be Bundy or Ubaldo. I don't see us starting Despaigne on short rest. Nobody in AAA appears to be lined up to start the game. The padres have a pretty crappy lineup and we're facing two crappy pitchers. We should be able to put some runs up and get to our pen.

It's either got to be Bundy or Ubaldo. I don't see us starting Despaigne on short rest. Nobody in AAA appears to be lined up to start the game. The padres have a pretty crappy lineup and we're facing two crappy pitchers. We should be able to put some runs up and get to our pen.

Padres are #1 offense in NL in June but yeah just shut down Myers. He's been a beast for them.

I think Machado taking his suspense today might make sense now as they could data Janish now and add another arm and use a 3 man bench. I don't think Buck wanted 3 man bench the entire time but may be ok for the one game. A lot will depend on how much pen is needed a bunch Monday or aTuesday.

Option Gausman and get an extra arm, likely Drake or Roe. Roe seems more capable of going multiple innings. Despaigne and Roe could combine for 5 innings. Then you have the rest of your normal rotation. Roe could be optioned and you could get Drake for the remaining period that we have the extra spot.

Additon or Aquino would also be lined up to start but if we option Gausman and carry an extra arm we really don't need a true starter.

Archived