Sports Financial Adviser Cheats Baseball players.

weams

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the dude if you wish to call him.

Executive Profile

Ash Narayan

Director, The Ticket Reserve, Inc.

Age Total Calculated Compensation This person is connected to 1 Board Members in 1 different organizations across 1 different industries.

See Board Relationships

-- --

Background

Mr. Ash Narayan served as Managing Director of RGT Capital Management, Ltd. Mr. Narayan has experience in providing strategies in personal financial planning, business consulting and asset management to senior corporate executives, wealthy families, professional athletes and entertainers. Prior to opening the California office, Mr. Narayan was associated with the financial planning department and managed the sports advisory division of a "Big Five" consulting firm. He ...

Read Full Background

Corporate Headquarters

20 North Wacker Drive

Chicago, Illinois 60606

United States

Phone: 312-357-4281

Fax: --

Board Members Memberships

Director

The Ticket Reserve, Inc.

Education

BS

Valparaiso University

JD

Loyola Law School in Los Angeles

Other Affiliations

I don't care who it is, I don't care what level of return they promise, 80% is foolish.

It's appalling to me that the players (or their spouses or trusted assistants) did not monitor their accounts enough to know that tens of millions of dollars were vanishing. Just checking once a month or quarter would have turned it up.

What a horrific story... this guy should be executed.

y3PWaHz.gif

Narayan worked out of Irvine, California, for a Dallas-based financial firm, RGT Wealth Advisors, from 1997 until earlier this year. In a statement, RGT said it fired Narayan after discovering what he had done.

I find it hard to fault the players for putting their trust in this guy. The NFLPA vetted and approved him. These players often come from modest / poor backgrounds, and/or have limited understanding of financial investment. If I were in their shoes, my union would be a major source I'd (need to) trust to identify people who could help me. Yes, perhaps they should have monitored their investments a little more closely. But the NFLPA has some major answering to do.

The moment the same church line popped up in the story' date=' I immediately thought of Pujols and Gallardo's agent who happens to be Arod's investment.[/quote']
All three athletes said they hired Narayan in part because he represented himself as a devout Christian involved in charitable causes...

Those types of frauds are the worst type.

Archived