Buck is going to want to sign Trumbo long term

wildcard

I'd really have to think about it and be sure that the budget would allow for him accepting.

I think he might very well accept it.

17 million is almost doubling his career earnings.

I doubt he will. Even if he can get 3 for 30, I think he'll walk. Still, when the best case is a pick and the worst case is a slight overpay for Trumbo, I'll take it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except that one, or maybe two, one year free agent make good contracts that turn out well.

Two problems:

Figuring out which one of the ten guys is going to hit.

Convincing them to play in Baltimore.

Neither of which are in any way plausible.

I doubt he will. Even if he can get 3 for 30, I think he'll walk. Still, when the best case is a pick and the worst case is a slight overpay for Trumbo, I'll take it.

Trumbo is going to lead the league in home runs for a World Champion team. He'll get 50 million.

If Trumbo keeps this pace or even close to it up, there is a 0.0 chance he even thinks about a QO much less accepts it. He will probably get 4x that on the market.

If you look at his history, when he plays full time, he produces.

If you look at his history, he's a two win player (rounding up).

I don't see anyone giving a 31 year old DH 4/68.

He'll turn down the QO, IMO. Unless he completely goes in the tank for the remainder of the season, he'll get a 3 or 4 year contract. My guess is 3/45 or 4/60. At minimum, I can't see him getting less than 3/36 or 4/48. That's still good enough to walk away from 1/17.

I'd really have to think about it and be sure that the budget would allow for him accepting.

I think he might very well accept it.

17 million is almost doubling his career earnings.

If he has a career year he'll get 4 years and close to 17 M AAV. If he doesn't put up decent numbers the rest of the way then no, don't make the QO.

Archived