Buck is going to want to sign Trumbo long term

wildcard

I'd really have to think about it and be sure that the budget would allow for him accepting.

I think he might very well accept it.

17 million is almost doubling his career earnings.

You think he might could get 3/45 or 4/60 this offseason? With the weak FA class?

Definitely wouldn't QO Wieters.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think he might could get 3/45 or 4/60 this offseason? With the weak FA class?

I'd QO Wieters in a heartbeat. The O's need a starting Catcher next year.

I don't know about Trumbo, I expect him to fall off the pace he has been on and I am unsure how many teams would be willing to put him in the outfield. Who needs a 1B in 2017?

Oh I would (QO Wieters). I think he'll get enough of a multi-year offer (3/30 maybe) to walk away from the QO.

I don't know about Trumbo, I expect him to fall off the pace he has been on and I am unsure how many teams would be willing to put him in the outfield. Who needs a 1B in 2017?

NYY if Bird can't recover.

I like Trumbo and all and if Davis wasn't signed for so long he might be worth the 4/50,60 or something, but......Aren't there a couple of guys in the minors they have to look at?? Mancini or Walker?? They won't give the O's anywhere near the HR production, but at about 3% of his salary they can put it elsewhere. Look for a real corner OF.

Yikes. I'd rather work out a 2-3 year deal with Wieters at an AAV around 10M than offer a QO.

Thats a ton of money, and I suspect we will see more players take the QO.

Not sure I agree with your reasoning. The rate goes up because of the increase in market contracts. So pending FA should have a comparable increase in their expected long-term contract amounts. We likely see an increase in players taking the QO as the number of players offered to (and of declining value overall) increases.

I would think the Nelson Cruz 4/57 is a good comp for Trumbo. I think the O's may sign him to a contract like that.

Brian McCann's 5/85 is probably a good comp for Wieters. Boras has his agent is a factor in that contract. I don't think the O's will go 5 years on Wieters.

I think the O's are likely to give both player a QO and both are likely to refuse that offer.

JMO

Archived