Chris Davis Gold Glove?

Natty

Yea they keep saying it. Even Buck said it, and tonight Bordick said it again. I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong, Davis does make some nifty plays at 1st. But he has missed a few pickoff throws and sharp grounders right at him. But man he has trouble with the short hop throws to him.

What say you about Davis playing gold glove first base.

Maybe he'll win it, but who knows? The Gold Glove is a joke.

Eric Hosmer might be the worst defensive player in baseball and he's won 3 straight Gold Gloves.

His 4 errors will hurt him, I would think Moreland would be in lead but never know on gold glove.

He is great at picking balls in the dirt and making throws to second. He does have 4 errors already this season, which is a lot for him (3 in 2015, 4 in 2014). dWAR has him at +0.2.

I don't see him as a spectacular defender, but he is very good and could win a GG in a weak field without an obvious leading candidate.

He's worse than Pedro, Parades and Ortiz?

And yes I read the recent Fangraphs piece.

Those guys don't really play defense, though. Pedro and Ortiz are DHs and Paredes is DFA every other week.

I'll say that Hosmer is the worst defensive player that consistently gets playing time on defense.

Definitely pleased with Davis' growth there. He's thrown home on force plays and bunts a few times with precision. Not an easy play but one the team clearly works on where they crash the infields and Schoop covers first.

Lol. I hope someone else just saw that routine double play grounder hit right to Davis. That was one of the most clumsy plays you will ever see. He fell flat on his butt but did somehow manage to recover and get the runner at first by tossing the ball to the pitcher covering first. Golden glover Not. But it was funny.

Lol. I hope someone else just saw that routine double play grounder hit right to Davis. That was one of the most clumsy plays you will ever see. He fell flat on his butt but did somehow manage to recover and get the runner at first by tossing the ball to the pitcher covering first. Golden glover Not. But it was funny.

trolololo-take-three-o.gif

Archived