2016 Trade Deadline Thread (Done)

Rene88

When DD tweets about carrying an extra pitcher, what the heck does that mean? Does it mean carry Ubaldo? Or keep Wilson even after adding Miley? Does it mean that Flaherty is on the roster margin too along with Reimold?

Worries me we will have an 8 man pen and 3 man bench. I would go with a 4 man bench and then react only if we need to

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His July:

.264/.360/.463 - .823 OPS, 5.81 ERA, 15 BB in 31 IP.

His main issue is his command. I'm guessing Liriano ends up being their Miley. Unspectacular, but innings.

Ok. I think when the season is over we can compare how they did. I think he is their Chavez.

Need an 8 man pen with Gallardo, Bundy and Miley most likely not going deep every week.

I get that and you are right but coming off an off day I would at least try to make it work and then react. They will have to use Ubaldo in this role as a mop up man and we saw in 2014 he wasn't very good at it.

And they got rid of Drew Hutchinson. Which is essentially Toronto's version of Mike Wright.

Apparently PIT has coveted Hutchison...wtf.

I am so jealous of TOR right now. Harold Ramirez would be nice.

With Feldman addition, it gives Jays some flexibility. Liriano has been awful this year for Pirates, but you wonder if they might put Liriano in the bullpen and keep Sanchez in the rotation.

I heard that Sanchez has two or three more starts.

Archived