Buck's post game comment

accinfo

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two years ago, everyone thought Dave Wallace walked on water. Several players have been high complimentary of him. So, I'm inclined to think he's not the issue. But any time a staff is this bad, it's natural to have a look at the pitching coach.

Two years ago, everyone thought Dave Wallace walked on water. Several players have been high complimentary of him. So, I'm inclined to think he's not the issue. But any time a staff is this bad, it's natural to have a look at the pitching coach.

That's a fair point. It seems like there should be more talent than this on the roster. But I'd much rather have what we have WITH Wallace than without.

Ramon Martinez reworked Ubaldo's wind up and he put up 2.5 WAR last year. Then in 2015-16 offseason Ubaldo decided to free lance. The offseason we first signed him he admittedly didn't work out. I see a pattern.

He's not a winner. He's not a nugget. He obviously doesn't want to go to AAA. Release him so I can him have to go to AAA this year with another team. Or he'll probably just count his millions and wait for a ST invite next year.

Ramon Martinez reworked Ubaldo's wind up and he put up 2.5 WAR last year. Then in 2015-16 offseason Ubaldo decided to free lance. The offseason we first signed him he admittedly didn't work out. I see a pattern.

He's not a winner. He's not a nugget. He obviously doesn't want to go to AAA. Release him so I can him have to go to AAA this year with another team. Or he'll probably just count his millions and wait for a ST invite next year.

Yeah! He was more than serviceable last year. And he comes back this year all flailing arms and legs again. And not a word is mentioned in the press or by Buck or Ubaldo.

All the pitchers that are pitching well are Wallace's fault also. The double edged knife cuts both ways.

There are about 400 guys who are good enough to pitch at the major league level. About 200 that do it effectively. Maybe we just dont have enough of those guys

I have no idea why people are blaming Wallace. He's a very good pitching coach. The fact is, our group of starters simply isn't very talented.

Also... why is Buck so reluctant to throw Worley out there as a starter? He's got to be an upgrade over the other three bums, Wright, Wilson and Ulbaldo.

Archived