Internal things that need to happen for us to win the AL East

Frobby

I would gladly take a Feldman performance from another starter for the last two months of the season.

We are more likely to outscore our opponents than we were in 2013 if we can get a 4.27 ERA from someone.

Maybe. In 2013, we averaged 4.93 runs/game through June, not far from the 5.08 we are averaging now. Then, from July - September we averaged 4.24 runs/game. Right now we are averaging 4.33 runs/game in July. I'm not saying we will cool off as much in 2016 as we did in 2013, but it's certainly not unprecedented, and I do think we had a lot more go right than wrong offensively in the first half.

Saying that, yes I'd like to have a 4.27 ERA from a starter other than Tillman/Gausman in the second half of this year. I'm just saying it only helps if the other things that have gone right for this team continue to go right, for the most part.

Yeah, I don't see it. Would be selling on him too low.

I'm expecting Mancini to be gone, I just hope it's not for a two month rental.

I don't want to see Sisco involved in a package for anything less than a TOR. There will likely be only two or three of those guys available and other teams have deeper systems to put a package together. I think Sisco stays, but if he is traded it's likely for a MOR type and I expect to see a lot of unhappy Hangouters.

And if the moves DD makes leads the O's to the WS will that make a difference?

If you think the O's can get a TOR at get deadline I think you are mistaken. Teams that have deeper farm systems will be able to get TOR. MOR might be all the O's

can do. IMO

And if the moves DD makes leads the O's to the WS will that make a difference?

If you think the O's can get a TOR at get deadline I think you are mistaken. Teams that have deeper farm systems will be able to get TOR. MOR might be all the O's

can do. IMO

I couldn't make sense of much of what you said but your last two sentences are just reiterating exactly what I said in the post you are responding to.

Hardy and Alvarez are showing signs of picking it up. If we get great production from the bottom of the lineup, we can continue to out score folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't trust either one of them to be consistent enough to count on offensively. Hardy is pretty washed up as a hitter. His best hitting tool was power which disappears first with age. We are seeing that.

As for Pedro, he has been a disappointment and has neeeever been anything but streaky. Sure he has plus power but we rarely see it and he is bottom of the order filler as opposed to being a legit threat. Spending money on a one dimensional hitter who is 7th in the lineup is a miss. I won't be counting on him to carry anything. Whatever you get is a bonus there, and it has been marginal.

I don't trust either one of them to be consistent enough to count on offensively. Hardy is pretty washed up as a hitter. His best hitting tool was power which disappears first with age. We are seeing that.

As for Pedro, he has been a disappointment and has neeeever been anything but streaky. Sure he has plus power but we rarely see it and he is bottom of the order filler as opposed to being a legit threat. Spending money on a one dimensional hitter who is 7th in the lineup is a miss. I won't be counting on him to carry anything. Whatever you get is a bonus there, and it has been marginal.

I don't know what you've been watching but Pedro has been very good after a poor April. His arrow is pointing up. He's a cheap source of power and we may have to resign him depending on who goes at the trade deadline. His OPS is at .782. Career is .752. Can't really call that a disappointment. I think he'll finish over .800.

Archived