Sunday 5/4 Baltimore in Anaheim

Crazysilver03

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lance "The Savior" Cormier warning up in the pen. Was that last play an error on Roberts or Hernandez? Official scorer says Hernandez, Joe Angel says Roberts.

Tough call. Roberts skipped the ball, so it could easily be a throwing error, but Hernandez had it in his glove and bobbled it...so it could easily have went either way.

Lance "The Savior" Cormier warning up in the pen. Was that last play an error on Roberts or Hernandez? Official scorer says Hernandez, Joe Angel says Roberts.

Should be Roberts, he rushed the throw big time. Moot point seeing to how Matthews made a bone headed play and ran through the base and ended up making an out anyway.

Eh, it really doesn't matter. Hopefully all the players (and Shelby) have learned a lesson from it. You run normal speed until you're absolutely sure it's out.

Fair enough. My only point is that Ramon really didn't do anything different than every other ballplayer. He just saw the play wrong so it caught up with him.

He might have nothing, but he got us through the 2nd (even if he had some help from Matthews) without another run scored. And they did get Cormier up, so he's obviously on a short leash. But you gotta see how far he can get you.

I agree, it just seems like most of the time it ends up biting us in the butt when let a pitcher "settle down" and puts the game out of reach, but I am hoping Trax settles down here and keeps us in it.

Archived