Sunday 5/4 Baltimore in Anaheim

Crazysilver03

Yes, it is a long road trip and not even close to over w/o a day off. You gotta wonder if they'll start Trax his next start. I don't see how they possibly can.

Albers could go the bulk of the game, and just hope to good starts in Oakland. Another walk, he is just brutal.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But he thought it had cleared the fence, that's my point. He thought it was gone, and Shelby reaching out and shaking his hand confirmed that to him.

If he had seen that the ball, in fact, did not make it out, it wouldn't have mattered how much he lollygagged to first, he would've made it to second easily.

Eh, it really doesn't matter. Hopefully all the players (and Shelby) have learned a lesson from it. You run normal speed until you're absolutely sure it's out.

But he thought it had cleared the fence, that's my point. He thought it was gone, and Shelby reaching out and shaking his hand confirmed that to him.

If he had seen that the ball, in fact, did not make it out, it wouldn't have mattered how much he lollygagged to first, he would've made it to second easily.

It does not matter what he thinks; what matters is confirmation by the umpires that it is gone. Until then, he should be running it out.

Just like in football, you do not stop playing until the whistle blows, even if you think the play is over.

You say that now, but when the BP is gassed in mid June you'll be pitching a fit about misusing it.

Meh, I agree that over use of the bullpen is bad, but its there to provide relief if the starting pitcher is not effectively getting outs and... well, Traschel is pitching.

No I wont, I am just saying it is obvoius he has nothing, and nothing is guaranteed for tomorow. Albers should be plenty rested.

He might have nothing, but he got us through the 2nd (even if he had some help from Matthews) without another run scored. And they did get Cormier up, so he's obviously on a short leash. But you gotta see how far he can get you.

Archived