Sunday 5/4 Baltimore in Anaheim

Crazysilver03

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish Trembley would say the hell with breaking up the lefty/righty thing and just put Millar in the 2 hole, then Markakis, Huff, then Scott.

Especially since Roberts is effectively a lefty so the current order allows a team to kill the two best hitting birds with one LOOGY. Of course, the Angels only have one lefty in the bullpen - Darren Oliver - so that's not too scary. Both Brian and Nick seem to have less trouble with the "tough" hard-throwing lefties than the soft tossers so he could be quite effective against us.

Speaking of lefties, I was really thinking Brian would/should get the start of the day off today against Saunders since he's 0 for his last two games and has been looking a little tired. Instead he'll probably get one in the next few days off a righty he rakes just as his bat is starting to heat up again. And Mora... I wouldn't sit him today because he's hit Saunders well and his bat has just been starting to show signs of life for pretty much the first time all year but my lord the poor old man needs a break at some point!

BTW is anyone else slightly amused that 40ish year old Garret Anderson keeps playing left field while younger, faster OFs with pretty solid gloves DH? It just seems silly to me. Veteran respect I guess.

Dempsey sure does have some interesting things to say, he thinks Payton should be playing way more than he is, and in his next breath he goes on to say that when Jay plays all the time his weaknesses are exposed. So which one is it Rick?

Dempsey with Adam Jones was tremendous. That boy has a head on his shoulders. And played with Ichiro. :D

Did y'all see Jones blow the bubble during him running down the ball to the wall?! :eek:

Dempsey sure does have some interesting things to say, he thinks Payton should be playing way more than he is, and in his next breath he goes on to say that when Jay plays all the time his weaknesses are exposed. So which one is it Rick?

Maybe Dempsey wants to see Payton's weaknesses exposed:D

"Way more than he is" isn't necessarily every day. It could mean four days a week, once each in place of Scott, Millar, Mora and either Huff or Jones (obviously with Huff moving around a bit and Scott doing some DHing). I've heard a lot of people up in my neck of the woods say the same two things simultaneously about Endy Chavez. They want to see him regularly, but not every day. It's a delicate balance, figuring out how much is too much to use your fourth (or fifth) outfielder.

"Way more than he is" isn't necessarily every day. It could mean four days a week, once each in place of Scott, Millar, Mora and either Huff or Jones (obviously with Huff moving around a bit and Scott doing some DHing). I've heard a lot of people up in my neck of the woods say the same two things simultaneously about Endy Chavez. They want to see him regularly, but not every day. It's a delicate balance, figuring out how much is too much to use your fourth (or fifth) outfielder.

In some ways, the fourth and fifth outfielder is like the backup QB in football....everyone's clamoring for him until he gets out there and shows why he is the backup!!

Dempsey with Adam Jones was tremendous. That boy has a head on his shoulders. And played with Ichiro. :D

Did y'all see Jones blow the bubble during him running down the ball to the wall?! :eek:

Who is Ichiro? I mean I've heard of the legendary Isshhiro. But who is Ichiro?

Archived