Sunday 5/4 Baltimore in Anaheim

Crazysilver03

Late to the party here, but I really don't think you can blame Ramon for that first blunder. I actually thought the ball was gone initially, and clearly Shelby did as well.

Ramon's just having an awful start luck-wise. He's just crushed some balls lately that've been right at people.

Well I agree that it wasn't a serious blunder based upon usual practice around the League. However (perhaps because I'm a pitcher myself), I do find it annoying when batters stand in the box or lazily jog whilst watching their homeruns/long singles. There's no good or practical reason not to run hard whenever you make contact.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I agree that it wasn't a serious blunder based upon usual practice around the League. However (perhaps because I'm a pitcher myself), I do find it annoying when batters stand in the box or lazily jog whilst watching their homeruns/long singles. There's no good or practical reason not to run hard whenever you make contact.

I agree with that, but that wasn't the reason he didn't make it to 2nd. If he had seen the ball properly, he would've made it easily.

Late to the party here, but I really don't think you can blame Ramon for that first blunder. I actually thought the ball was gone initially, and clearly Shelby did as well.

Ramon's just having an awful start luck-wise. He's just crushed some balls lately that've been right at people.

He had some bad luck but that doesn't absolve him of responsibility. He was counting his chickens before they hatched and he got burned fair and square. If he'd run just a little bit harder or not stopped to celebrate he would have had his double.

He had some bad luck but that doesn't absolve him of responsibility. He was counting his chickens before they hatched and he got burned fair and square. If he'd run just a little bit harder or not stopped to celebrate he would have had his double.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. If he sees the ball properly, heck, if Shelby doesn't give him the old handshake, he makes it to 2nd easily.

Maybe he should pull a Bouton. We've got him on a MiL contract, send him down, get him to learn the knuckler. If he learns it, we've got a knuckleballer...

What a great read Ball Four was. Heck I'd let Traschel stick around the whole year if he agreed to churn some literature of equal entertainment value out. I'm guessing thats not in his contract though.

Archived