Good morning! Enjoy your Wednesday...

Moose Milligan

I tend to be an optimist and I think they'll be in the mix till the last week. But there's no denying they are a streaky team. One that can even put together (to date) three 7 game winning streaks. But as constructed, can they win three postseason series in a row against either three strong teams or even two streaky teams and one hot team? I have my doubts right now as they are currently put together. I will follow them day by day as I always do, but they don't just have one day of bats being cold, it's usually three to four games at a time. They can't afford a cold streak at the end, but it's their nature, feast or famine.

They could have in June. In October, I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They could have in June. In October, I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. They were world beaters in June. What are the chances they'll be THAT good in October? Even if the bats bail out the starting pitching in October, that's asking a lot of a streaky offense, to time it for that period. They have no control over it. And that's assuming every one of those bats are even healthy then.

Exactly. They were world beaters in June. What are the chances they'll be THAT good in October? Even if the bats bail out the starting pitching in October, that's asking a lot of a streaky offense. And that's assuming every one of those bats are even healthy then.

I've yet to see any evidence that the Orioles are more or less streaky than any other team.

I've yet to see any evidence that the Orioles are more or less streaky than any other team.

We shall see. Being consistently hot over 3 postseason series is something that would surprise me should the O's put that kind of run together when it matters. In the first 92 games, they have had 3 seven game winning streaks. And overall, they have won enough in the long run to be 14 games over .500. If they can sustain that, then they'll be in the mix. Let's hope they are hitting on all cylinders again at the end and they're healthy. It's just the cold bats all at once concern me over the course of a possible 3 week postseason run. Those white hot bats bailed out some so-so pitching in those aforementioned 7 game runs. It's hard to sustain that.

Well I guess there's no point in watching. The O's are done, finished. I've confirmed it with my horoscope and my psychic. I'm going to start a new hobby to fill the time. Wood working, that should be good. :)

I guess Buck and the guys should just pack it up for this year. No reason risking long term injury to anyone. Forfeit the rest of the games.

Agreed.Also the Yankees wull be too good for the Orioles in a few years.

Infield : Bird,Castro,Gregorius and Machado.

Outfield: Harper,Gardner and Hicks.

SP: Tanaka,Eovaldi,Pineda,Severino,Tillman

BP: Betances,etc.

It's how you bounce back from games like the last 2 that determine whether or not you can stay in the race and win it. We'll see if the O's have what it takes. But they do need to add at least one decent (not necessarily outstanding) starting pitcher.

...cause it'll be the last day we're in first place.

Boston and Toronto are catching on while our lack of pitching and streaky hitting is catching up with us. Add to that the fact that we're pathetic on the road and there's a lot of more road games to be played, this is all adding up to a giant turd burger of a 2nd half.

Save for some miracle deal that'll land us a top flight starting pitcher, this thing is going down the tubes.

It's been a fun ride so far. Maybe we can get a Wild Card spot and surprise some unsuspecting team in the first round but I don't see how this team, as constructed, is finishing in first when Toronto and Boston have better teams.

The Orioles offense is missing Kim and Davis. In addition I think batting Jones lead off is a mistake. I don't expect things to stay this way long but, with Reimold, Flaherty, and Joseph all playing the bottom of the order will definately struggle.

Agreed.Also the Yankees wull be too good for the Orioles in a few years.

Infield : Bird,Castro,Gregorius and Machado.

Outfield: Harper,Gardner and Hicks.

SP: Tanaka,Eovaldi,Pineda,Severino,Tillman

BP: Betances,etc.

That's going to be some payroll, even for the Yankees.

I tend to be an optimist and I think they'll be in the mix till the last week. But there's no denying they are a streaky team. One that can even put together (to date) three 7 game winning streaks. But as constructed, can they win three postseason series in a row against either three strong teams or even two streaky teams and one hot team? I have my doubts right now as they are currently put together. I will follow them day by day as I always do, but they don't just have one day of bats being cold, it's usually three to four games at a time. They can't afford a cold streak at the end, but it's their nature, feast or famine.

Mr. Off with NY posted this. Maybe the Orioles have not been enjoying themselves. Especially while hospitalized for dehydration.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The flu that's going around <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> clubhouse has gotten Buck. He may not manage tonight. Bench coach John Russell would take his place</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">July 20, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Truth be told, I was going for the reverse lock. Too bad it didn't work.

Maybe the weakest, laziest thread you've started on this website. I'm pretty disappointed because you usually are removed enough to not get this butthurt over a 3 game losing streak.

That said, there's a little bit of truth to how I really feel in that OP. Not that I typically start threads like this but the pitching is too bad to hang on to first place and this team is just not good on the road.

Archived