Morosi: Orioles Have Discussed Cashner

weams

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be the minority in the Marlins trade. They got Cashner and Rae for Cosart who has been rather poor in his career, Naylor who is a nice looking prospect but not top tier, Castillo good arm put now 23 years old still pitching in high A, and Carter Capps good young reliever but has been out since mid season 2015. Cashner is a rental but Rae is a nice back end rotation guy that if you want next off season and out of it move for prospects.

Embarrassing that we're even considering Ramirez. Not good enough to start on a last place team and here goes "Smartest Guy In The Room" Duquette wasting his time on this guy.

That's a fairly narrow analysis. That last place team has solid depth in its starting rotation so sure Ramirez is the odd man out, but he does profile as a solid back end guy that could potentially help the O's if the price isn't too steep.

Sometimes things work out, but in general when you trade for trash, you usually get trash.

Great example is revere for storen nats/Jays swap. For whatever reason, this trade deadline is just insane and some are getting gold/silver for trash

Embarrassing that we're even considering Ramirez. Not good enough to start on a last place team and here goes "Smartest Guy In The Room" Duquette wasting his time on this guy.

Are you being facetious? Because if not, you're being foolish. Ramirez isn't in the Rays' rotation because they've got so many good arms. They've easily got 4-5 guys who have been better this year than anyone that's started for the O's, sans Tillman.

The Orioles literally have three guys in their rotation that aren't good enough to start for ANYONE, let alone a last place team.

I must be the minority in the Marlins trade. They got Cashner and Rae for Cosart who has been rather poor in his career, Naylor who is a nice looking prospect but not top tier, Castillo good arm put now 23 years old still pitching in high A, and Carter Capps good young reliever but has been out since mid season 2015. Cashner is a rental but Rae is a nice back end rotation guy that if you want next off season and out of it move for prospects.

Again, this is a team that has the assets to be able to afford moving guys like that. Cashner and Rea can help get them to the playoffs this year, a prospect they desperately need to inject life back into that franchise and fanbase. Go for it.

Someone who's started more than 1 game this year and isn't garbage. Or just stand pat so Duquette looks like a buffoon again and hope he gets fired or leaves at the end of the year.

How in God's name are you rating Ramirez as "garbage?" Who is not "garbage?" Who would you trade for this non "garbage?"

If that's the asking price for terrible starting pitching, then I'd rather Duquette stay pat and just go with a bunch of middle relievers.

It's a tough spot to be in. This team literally doesn't have 4 major league capable starting pitchers, let alone 5. They desperately need an arm (not even a good one, just a competent one)... but they don't have the assets to get one, either.

I think the pads got a haul. Capps is going to be back next year and they can probably flip him at the deadline for a haul if they wanted. Cosart is a failed prospect and nothing more than a guy to eat innings this year. The other two guys have upside.

TB is loaded with pitching. Romero, Ramirez and Andriese are all out of their rotation and would be pitching in ours. Plus 4-5 arms in the minors that would be too.

I like the idea of E.Ramirez. He's pitched a ton of innings in tough spots for them. His ERA would likely be better if he were treated like a normal reliever and go just 1 inning stints and have favorable matchups.

TB is loaded with pitching and he may be being forced out. He was a super 2 this year and made 2.38 million. He's going to get start getting pretty expensive for them considering the cheaper/younger/better options they have.

I've always liked Erasmo. His SP numbers the past few years are pretty decent and he's been good out of the pen. A much better pick up than Cashner.

Again, this is a team that has the assets to be able to afford moving guys like that. Cashner and Rea can help get them to the playoffs this year, a prospect they desperately need to inject life back into that franchise and fanbase. Go for it.

I don't blame the Marlins, good on them. I know if I am an NL team, I do not want to see them get in the playoffs.

-Fernandez twice or 3 times in a series

-Conley is very underrated

-3 headed monster of yelich, Stanton and ozuna

-good support players in realmuto, bour, prado

-good bullpen arms

They have the nucleus to make a run, IMO. I will chuckle if they make it all the way. Imagine 3 WS for the Marlins; a team that is generally not in the playoff conversation. When they make it, they do damage lol

Archived