Morosi: Orioles Have Discussed Cashner

weams

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
0bb18139079c846a6ba0473d43c232f8.png

Being creative and targeting a long man and is exactly what we should be doing Because of the exaggerated prices IMO. Maybe (hopefully) by August, things come down a bit.

Who writes this stuff?

This guys is 18-14 over the last 2-years with about a 1.25 WHIP and Sub-4.00 ERA in the AL East. Good solid if not splashy target for us.

Stark: The Marlins turned to SD after not matching up with Phillies on Hellickson. And the Rays asked for Yelich & Realmuto for Moore or Odorizzi!

hahahaha when did GMs become so crazy.

Wow. Yelich is worth more than Moore or Odorizzi on his own.

I'm onboard with making the club better and hope to make the journey to Camden Yards for some late Oct / early Nov baseball...but the asking prices out there is crazy right now. DD has his work cut out for him over the next few days.

For sure. Yelich is like a more beast version of in his prime markakis. I really don't know what these GMs are smoking. I guess the strategy is to be outrageous now and then sell at reduced price on Monday.

The Rays, I'll allow, because Moore and Odorizzi are under control. There is no pressing need for them to trade those guys at this moment.

If the Phillies don't move Hellickson, though, it's a colossal failure on their part. He's gone after this year. A QO may be as high as $17 million. He'd never get that much AAV on the open market, so he'd be likely to accept it, and there's a decent chance his value isn't nearly as high at next year's deadline. There is no reason that Philadelphia shouldn't trade him now.

I'm onboard with making the club better and hope to make the journey to Camden Yards for some late Oct / early Nov baseball...but the asking prices out there is crazy right now. DD has his work cut out for him over the next few days.

There are not a lot of rentals left on the market other than Hellickson and Hill.

There is no desperation for teams with these starters under team control to make a move, not should they be. So the price is going to be steep.

Who writes this stuff?

This guys is 18-14 over the last 2-years with about a 1.25 WHIP and Sub-4.00 ERA in the AL East. Good solid if not splashy target for us.

He would be our #3 behind Tillman and Gausman. The only reason he is in the bullpen in Tampa is they have so many starters.

Archived