Jones looks slow

Ohfan67

He has had back spasms. He isn't 100% right now.

Nobody is 100% in the second half. I was a little troubled by his throw clear to Caleb on the single. 4th inning? when CLE scored their run. It was horrible. I think he was aiming for the cutoff man, CD I think, in line near the pitcher's mound, and Adam missed jeez... 20 feet up the 1B line! Caleb tripped after he ranged over to block it! :eek:

I definitely think he's lost a half step. I've noticed him come up short on some balls in the gaps that he would have reached in the past, and there have been some potential infield hits where he's been out on close plays where I think he would have beaten them out in the past.

He has had back spasms. He isn't 100% right now.

I thought about the spasms regarding last nights game, but I noticed this in multiple games before the all star break too. Maybe he's got a more serious and lingering injury than we know. His range looks below average right now for a CF.

I definitely think he's lost a half step. I've noticed him come up short on some balls in the gaps that he would have reached in the past, and there have been some potential infield hits where he's been out on close plays where I think he would have beaten them out in the past.

He may have, but he's also a fairly big guy at 6'2" or so. He sort of has the appearance of gliding as a long strider, which sometimes makes it look like he's not running as fast as a littler guy.

To my point, here is the progression of Adam's infield hits the last five years: 30, 22, 20, 17, 8. That 8 puts him on pace for 13 this season.

To my point, here is the progression of Adam's infield hits the last five years: 30, 22, 20, 17, 8. That 8 puts him on pace for 13 this season.

In field hit percentage would be a better metric here, since he may have just had more chances some years. Here are his last 4 years:

2013: 8.8%

2014: 8.3%

2015: 8.4%

2016: 6.2 %

Career: 9.1%

So not too much slide until this season, and even now, the sample size is a bit small to jump to conclusions. I'm sure there are time to first stats out there somewhere.

He may have, but he's also a fairly big guy at 6'2" or so. He sort of has the appearance of gliding as a long strider, which sometimes makes it look like he's not running as fast as a littler guy.

Some people had the same complaints against Eddie Murray. Eddie was a long strider, too.

Archived