The Vanimal

Bahama O's Fan

He was lucky a little but I never complain too much about a seven inning, two runs allowed start. He really did a good job mitigating max damage in the inning he allowed runs in. The hit and run was well executed by Cleveland and I think he was squeezed a little but it's what it is. Great starting pitching by Vanimal, Gaus, and Bundy this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's interesting to watch because he likes to work at the top of the strike zone a lot, something you don't see that often from guys who don't have top velocity. I like the fact that he works fast and throws a lot of strikes. He had really good command today and had the Tribe hitters off balance a lot.

Nice outing. We applauded! I even was talking trash about him early on to Weams. We had first row club level which was great but the heat was so unbearable until the 4th inning that we had to stay inside the AC. It was brutal out there today, hats off to Vanimal in this heat! Great effort!

I've been saying for a while that I think he is our 5th best starter. I could even see a situation where we combine him and Bundy into one starter to keep their innings down, assuming we find another 5th starter.

I've seen a number of comments to the effect that Worley would be better coming out of the bullpen. You could say that about pretty much any pitcher who's not an elite SP. We're in desperate need of starters, and anyone who can go 6 or more innings at or close to league average is a keeper.

IMO, after yesterday's performance Worley has to be in the rotation (and not in combination with Bundy) until he shows he can't get it done or someone better is added.

I've been saying for a while that I think he is our 5th best starter. I could even see a situation where we combine him and Bundy into one starter to keep their innings down, assuming we find another 5th starter.

He may be our 3rd or 4th best starter.

Archived