Error on the pitcher?

MdSooner

o

Before last night, The Orioles' last walk-off win on an E-1 was on the final game of 2009 season, against the Blue Jays.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/757926357892493312

I was at that game.

It was Melvin Mora's last game as an Oriole. We all gave him a standing ovation when he was taken out of the game for a pinch-hitter by Dave Trembley in the 6th inning. ):cool:

Yeah, my first thought was why did AJ run? Should've held. More times than not, he's nailed easily. He got bailed out. I'd have to believe the pitcher was shocked more than anything as he rushed to make the throw and bobbled it. Probably Dickinson was sending him as he always does.

He did not make a base running error. In that situation, the runner on 3rd has to sacrifice himself in order to stay out of the double play.

Even in Jones is thrown out at home, you still have the winning run at 2nd base with 2 outs. If Jones stays, the pitcher throws to 2nd to start an inning ending double play.

He did not make a base running error. In that situation, the runner on 3rd has to sacrifice himself in order to stay out of the double play.

Even in Jones is thrown out at home, you still have the winning run at 2nd base with 2 outs. If Jones stays, the pitcher throws to 2nd to start an inning ending double play.

Yes. The error was that he hesitated. With the pitcher's bobble it should not have been close.

I don't see it as bad baserunning by Jones. He couldn't anticipate that the pitcher was going to drop the ball, and so it took a split-second for him to get into gear when that happened.

I agree I think he was going on contact and then when the ball is hit right at the pitcher and you are no where land like he was from going on contact you want to freeze and make him make a throw and then try and get in a run down so you can get Schoop to third. That is what he did you could even see him kinda start to give a motion to say i am getting in a run down.

Archived