Trade deadline grades??

Osfan08

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going A. I mean the guy had a trade worked out to deal Ubaldo that Angelos vetoed.

This team had minimal areas to upgrade and he addressed them. Miley isn't the sexiest name but he's a horse and is LH. Pearce is a nugget and a Buck guy.

At this point players are in the right position. Nobody is being asked to do too much. The team just needs to execute and win games.

Similarly, when checking some Mariner boards they seemed to feel we got the better end of the deal. Or at least they viewed the move as pointless from the Mariners point of view. Usually a pretty good sign when the majority of your fanbase is in favor of a move and the opposing team's fans hate it.

Yeah, I have seen more than a few Mariner fans essentially say "I don't know why we keep just giving good players to Baltimore."

I also will have to give this deadline an A. I am famous for hammering DD, especially at the trade deadline. But this time, he absolutely added two pieces that can help us without trading away any big time prospects. I don't know how anybody can grade this less than a B. I was scared to death that we were gonna deal Mancini, Hunter and Sisco for a Meh upgrade. I am absolutely on board with both of our moves.

I'll go A- for the same reasons as many others. If you had told me Saturday that we would acquire a mediocre starter and a decent RH platoon OF for Miranda and Heim, I wouldn't have believed you. I, like others, was highly concerned we would feel compelled to overspend. I'm pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flaherty has options--I think he goes down along with Despaigne.

Agree with the B grade. Didn't give up much and added solid not spectacular players. Division rivals did not significantly improve either.

I think Reimold gets DFAed and Despaigne gets optioned.

The Orioles need Flaherty to back up Hardy at short.

Reimold has been the back up CFer, but Pearce ( or maybe Flaherty) could play CF in an emergency.

Right with you on the B grade and the rationale.

B- Nothing like the deal Toronto got fleecing the Pirates, or the big ones that the Dodgers & the Rangers pulled off. DD gave up essentially nothing (already have a non-hit catcher on the 25-man team) & got two 'good-fit' players for Buck to maneuver & plug holes.

I think Reimold gets DFAed and Despaigne gets optioned.

The Orioles need Flaherty to back up Hardy at short.

Reimold has been the back up CFer, but Pearce ( or maybe Flaherty) could play CF in an emergency.

Right with you on the B grade and the rationale.

I think Flaherty goes to minors. If Hardy is injured, Machado plays Short and Pearce plays third.

I'll give DD a solid B- for this trade deadline. We didn't sign anybody real impactful, but we did acquire two guys who plug a couple gaping holes for us. Pearce gives us an outfielder who can hit lefthanders. Miley gives us a potentially serviceable starter. And most importantly, we didn't have to give up anyone of real consequence to acquire these guys.

IMO, we just added an extra two or three wins with these moves, which may well be the difference between making the playoffs and not making it.

Archived