Luis Terrero

Frobby

I think your math is a little off. The O's are about 21% into the season. That means they have 79% to go yet. 79% times $5M equals $3.95M still on Payton's contract.

Sorry... I thought it was a 2/4 deal.

The real deal makes it even worse.

They still just need to release him though.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry... I thought it was a 2/4 deal.

The real deal makes it even worse.

They still just need to release him though.

Not that Peyton is anything to write home about but he is clearly a better major league hitter than Terrero. I see little to no value in this.

Not that Peyton is anything to write home about but he is clearly a better major league hitter than Terrero. I see little to no value in this.

Why do you think so? I think Payton is done. Terrero may or may not be much better, but I'm ready to find out.

Why do you think so? I think Payton is done. Terrero may or may not be much better, but I'm ready to find out.

He thinks so because he saw Terrero bat once 400 years ago and thinks he knows everything about him...Why are you bothering?

He thinks so because he saw Terrero bat once 400 years ago and thinks he knows everything about him...Why are you bothering?

Terrero has about as much untapped potential as Sherman Obando, and I predict his career will pan out the same!:laughlol: BTW, I saw enough of Terrero last season to know he hasn't improved any and enough of his volume of work to know he's no major leaguer.

Terrero has about as much untapped potential as Sherman Obando, and I predict his career will pan out the same!:laughlol: BTW, I saw enough of Terrero last season to know he hasn't improved any and enough of his volume of work to know he's no major leaguer.

So you watched White Sox games last year and saw "enough of Terrero" then?

Obando should have been given more of a shot too while we're at it.

So you watched White Sox games last year and saw "enough of Terrero" then?

Obando should have been given more of a shot too while we're at it.

Here is where I think Luis Terrero "fits" in the grand scheme of things as a potential Oriole player, he has all the potential to achieve the greatness of such notable Orioles outfielder's as:

Willie Kirkland,

Tom Shopay,

Luis Mercedes,

Jack Voight,

Chito Martinez,

Mark Smith,

Louis Polonia,

Sherman Obando,

Larry Bigbie,

Ergo, one should be able to ascertain why I am not excited in the least about Luis Terrero as a call up.

He had a 348 OBP last year in 117 at bats...He hit 5 homers...He has speed, has agood glove, can play all 3 OF positions...He is clearly a #4/#5 type OFer who can help a club, especially since he is making no money.

Here is where I think Luis Terrero "fits" in the grand scheme of things as a potential Oriole player, he has all the potential to achieve the greatness of such notable Orioles outfielder's as:

Willie Kirkland,

Tom Shopay,

Luis Mercedes,

Jack Voight,

Chito Martinez,

Mark Smith,

Louis Polonia,

Sherman Obando,

Larry Bigbie,

Ergo, one should be able to ascertain why I am not excited in the least about Luis Terrero as a call up.

I'd be pretty happy if Terrero had the career of Kirkland! Shows how much you know!

He had a 348 OBP last year in 117 at bats...He hit 5 homers...He has speed, has agood glove, can play all 3 OF positions...He is clearly a #4/#5 type OFer who can help a club, especially since he is making no money.

OldFan would rather spend $10 million a year on Gary Matthews.

Willie Kirkland,

Tom Shopay,

Luis Mercedes,

Jack Voight,

Chito Martinez,

Mark Smith,

Louis Polonia,

Sherman Obando,

Larry Bigbie,

You forgot to add Jack Cust.

Uh oh! :angryfire: I speak of the unspeakable.

Willie Kirkland,

Tom Shopay,

Luis Mercedes,

Jack Voight,

Chito Martinez,

Mark Smith,

Louis Polonia,

Sherman Obando,

Larry Bigbie,

We are talking about a 4th outfielder here, not the star of the team. And Jack Voigt, for example, once hit. 296/.395/.500 for the O's in 152 AB. Bigbie had a couple of nice years, so did some of the others.

All we are looking to do here is see if we can get a little better production than Payton has given us in 2007-08. Mayber Terrero can do that.

I'd be pretty happy if Terrero had the career of Kirkland! Shows how much you know!

Yeah, my bad. I always liked Willie, toothpick and all. I meant to type Lenny Green.

I may not know very much, but I know Terrero sucks as a major leaguer and his minor league stats are meaningless. He's a Triple A player period. That is his level of highest sucess.

You forgot to add Jack Cust.

Uh oh! :angryfire: I speak of the unspeakable.

Jack Cust is a heck of a player that the Orioles stupidly didn't give enough at bats to. I would take him as my starting LFer or DH any day of the week.

Archived