Orioles most underrated player

bpilktree

I would say Flaherty is most underrated. Everyone always puts him down and call for his release. But he can play just about any position well and when he is called on can be productive. Yet the way people talk about him you would think he was performing like Jiminez or Joseph .

I would say Schoop is probably the Orioles most underrated player. When non-Orioles fans discuss the Orioles, they usually talk about Machado, Britton, Jones, Tillman, Davis, Gausman and Trumbo. But nobody really knows or talks about Schoop (except for Keith Law). He's developing into a tremendous player.

I agree with this.

On the pitching side, what about Vance Worley? I think most see him as AAAA filler but when you look at his stats he's had a darn solid MLB career.

I wouldn't say he's underrated, but sometimes it doesn't seem like we make a big deal when he does well. I think it's because he's so good that we just expect him to do well. When he was warming up in the bullpen today, Palmer said something like "Is there a better pitcher in the American League?"

It's great to see Tillman and Britton, two members of "The Cavalry" having success.

I think that it has something to do with Zach Britton's not being an overtowering guy on the mound. He comes in, a rather little guy, hides his face behind his glove -- and then all hell breaks loose from his arm. When he was on the mound last night, I said to myself, "Aroldis who???"

Hardy's really played great ball over the last two months or so. It took him about two weeks after coming off the DL to find himself at the plate, but since then, he's been very steady. He's been worth 1.4 WAR in only 66 games. If he can stay healthy the rest of the season, he'll easily outperform his contract in 2016, and will put himself in a position where he might be able to earn the whole value of his contract over the three years if he has a healthy year next season. Whether he can stay healthy is the big issue. And by that, I don't just mean healthy enough to play, I mean healthy enough to hit and field at the level he is capable of. He played hurt a lot of last year, and it showed, especially down the stretch. I'm glad Buck is giving him a day off now and again this year.

All year he has looked great! Missed time with the broken foot. Picked up where he left off. His classic downward slashing swing! Creating backspin. It's why he has any power at all.

Archived