September call ups

wildcard

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too. I can't imagine why they aren't evaluating guys from the farm for the role Jimenez is filling. They've clearly moved on from him. They might find actual effectiveness from a youngster if they'd just experiment. There's got to be a Lefty down there they'd love to see...

That's not happening with two weeks to go.

Not to mention Tyler Austin. He and Judge both homered in their first major league ABs.

Woops. That's who I meant by Wilson (mixed up Tyler Wilson w/ Tyler Austin).

And they also have Clint Frazier and Jorge Mateo.

They're going to be a scary team soon again...especially with all the contracts going bye bye.

Their main question marks are going to be starting pitching. But that offense is going to get good. And quick.

I guess it is good to be the Yanks and basically out contention so that they can bring guys up where we are in contention and can't bring guys up. Judge has been good but his number are not much different then Mancini just one was drated higher but you could argue Mancini's numbers are better or comparable. Tyler Austin has been an average minor league player and had to repeat a few levels because his numbers were not impressive. He got hot this year in AAA for his stint but before that hit .260 in AA in his third turn of duty. Maybe he found something in AAA but his past numbers are not impressve. 1000 ab's in AA with a .265 average and 21 homers out of a first baseman won't cut it.

Dan has always made a few late trade pickups in August and even September to add to the team as well. Some vets that could help with team. Guys like Randy Wolf, Kelly Johnson, Joe Saunders so I expect them same this year. I think he adds a vet for the pen and a defense outfielder.

Dan has always made a few late trade pickups in August and even September to add to the team as well. Some vets that could help with team. Guys like Randy Wolf, Kelly Johnson, Joe Saunders so I expect them same this year. I think he adds a vet for the pen and a defense outfielder.

Especially if O'Day lingers on the DL.

Who would you cut from the 40-man? There aren't too many options. And only really Lee can go on the 60 day barring injuries this month.

They won't add Liranzo before the off season. Especially not when they are in the playoffs race.

I wouldn't let these players stand in the way of us winning this year...

Bridwell- He's basically an org guy. He's been in Bowie for 4 years.

J.Acquino- We got him from the Cards for cash because he was costing them a 40 man spot.

A.Tolliver- If we bring in or add another Lefty there is no use for him.

L.Ondrusek- We're using his last option this year. Next year he's going to be out of options. Again a guy you'll see get DFA'd in the offseason.

C.Walker- Can't hit. Can't field. Strikes out too much. Will be 26 next ST.

This is basically the 2016-17 offseason DFA roster cleanup guys. Last year it was guys like Berry and Gamboa. Before anyone freaks out over one player, remember that they have little value because other teams won't want to keep them on their 40 man rosters and risk not protecting younger/better players in the rule 5.

Are we going to DFA all of these guys for a stretch run? Doubtful. But when you think about the value of adding to our playoff run it's worth it. Realistically these guys have little value and can/will be replace by non roster guys in the offseason anyway.

I wouldn't let these players stand in the way of us winning this year...

Bridwell- He's basically an org guy. He's been in Bowie for 4 years.

J.Acquino- We got him from the Cards for cash because he was costing them a 40 man spot.

A.Tolliver- If we bring in or add another Lefty there is no use for him.

L.Ondrusek- We're using his last option this year. Next year he's going to be out of options. Again a guy you'll see get DFA'd in the offseason.

C.Walker- Can't hit. Can't field. Strikes out too much. Will be 26 next ST.

This is basically the 2016-17 offseason DFA roster cleanup guys. Last year it was guys like Berry and Gamboa. Before anyone freaks out over one player, remember that they have little value because other teams won't want to keep them on their 40 man rosters and risk not protecting younger/better players in the rule 5.

Are we going to DFA all of these guys for a stretch run? Doubtful. But when you think about the value of adding to our playoff run it's worth it. Realistically these guys have little value and can/will be replace by non roster guys in the offseason anyway.

Bridwell was promoted to Norfolk today. He has been transitioning from starter to reliever since June. Jon Daniel, Tezas GM has always likes his arm. He would not make it through waivers. Turned 25 Aug 2nd. Has an option left for next year.

If you want a strong farm system then you try to develop a 23 year old left-handed starter like Aquino. Kind of hard to say improve the minors and then cut a guy like him. Has an option for next year. Currently 23 with a full year at AA under his belt.

Tolliver - He is an older prospect because of the injuries he worked through but he has a option for next year and is a good backup to Hart as the O's left-handed reliever. Was sent down to go on paternity leave, got injured and has not been back to pitch yet.

Ondrusek was signed to help the O's make the playoffs. Veteran. Most likely Buck and Dan stick with him in September. Agree that he is probably gone next year.

Walker has a 792 OPS in away games. He's not the first guy to have problems at Harbor Park. Has an option for next year. Mancini is probably in the majors next year which makes Walker Norfolk's starting 1B next year. He is depth at 1B/DH/LF.

The O's could always upgrade from any of these guys but it has to benefit the O's organization to do that. The O's have a lot of high salaried players and they just get more expensive next year. Keeping and developing cheap players fits in the plan.

Bridwell was promoted to Norfolk today. He has been transitioning from starter to reliever since June. Jon Daniel, Tezas GM has always likes his arm. He would not make it through waivers. Turned 25 Aug 2nd. Has an option left for next year.

If you want a strong farm system then you try to develop a 23 year old left-handed starter like Aquino. Kind of hard to say improve the minors and then cut a guy like him. Has an option for next year. Currently 23 with a full year at AA under his belt.

Tolliver - He is an older prospect because of the injuries he worked through but he has a option for next year and is a good backup to Hart as the O's left-handed reliever. Was sent down to go on paternity leave, got injured and has not been back to pitch yet.

Ondrusek was signed to help the O's make the playoffs. Veteran. Most likely Buck and Dan stick with him in September. Agree that he is probably gone next year.

Walker has a 792 OPS in away games. He's not the first guy to have problems at Harbor Park. Has an option for next year. Mancini is probably in the majors next year which makes Walker Norfolk's starting 1B next year. He is depth at 1B/DH/LF.

The O's could always upgrade from any of these guys but it has to benefit the O's organization to do that. The O's have a lot of high salaried players and they just get more expensive next year. Keeping and developing cheap players fits in the plan.

Walker is depth. You're right. You can sign depth like him every off season. 109 k's in 108 AAA games. That's not Harbor Parks fault.

Even Tony in is minor league VLOG pointed out the "flotsam" at the bottom of the 40 man roster. Well here is that bottom folks. You can find the bright spot in every player, but I wouldn't let these guys prevent us from adding a guy that could contribute down the stretch.

Yes, I'd give up all these players and the 20+ years of control to have Avery and Borbon be pinch runners/def. subs. Janish to give Hardy breaks in blowouts and to make room for a late August trade for a bat or RP that could help. Not saying we should/will get rid of all of them but this is who has to go to make additions.

Archived