Is Arrieta our best pitching prospect???

bigbird

Tillman's gotta be higher.

I think Tillman and Arrieta are neck and neck...but I give it to Arrieta for his complete dominance everywhere he has been...no rough spots so far...I like both, though..:D

Arrieta w/make the Majors faster than Tillman or anyone else at Bowie/Frederick other than maybe David Hernandez who is on an absolute roll. I don't know if he has the highest ceiling, but he's going to be an impact pitcher faster than our other top prospects down there.

I think Tillman and Arrieta are neck and neck...but I give it to Arrieta for his complete dominance everywhere he has been...no rough spots so far...I like both' date=' though..:D[/quote']

Thing is, Arrieta's just not doing it at AA. I think most of us were pretty confident that he'd dominate A+; Tillman holding his own at AA at age 20 is more significant to me.

Either way, I think that both are gonna make BA's top 100 next year, but Tillman will be much higher. This is a nice argument to have though.

Tillman is the higher prospect right now based purely on age and the level he's playing at. AA hitters are batting just .173 off him, that's sick! Of course A+ hitters are raking off Arrieta at a .147 mark! :clap3:

Arrieta is a great example of how you can make the draft work for you no matter where you pick if you're willing to flash the cash.

Both players could do with lowering their BB/9 rate some but are putting up numbers favourable to last years top pitching prospects across the Minors. Any chance we see 3 O's (these guys plus Wieters) in the top 25 prospect lists next year? (assuming they're still eligble of course!!).

Tillman is the higher prospect right now based purely on age and the level he's playing at. AA hitters are batting just .173 off him, that's sick! Of course A+ hitters are raking off Arrieta at a .147 mark! :clap3:

Arrieta is a great example of how you can make the draft work for you no matter where you pick if you're willing to flash the cash.

Both players could do with lowering their BB/9 rate some but are putting up numbers favourable to last years top pitching prospects across the Minors. Any chance we see 3 O's (these guys plus Wieters) in the top 25 prospect lists next year? (assuming they're still eligble of course!!).

To me, Tillman is the #1, based solely on what he's done at his age, Arrieta is #2, and Hernandez is #3 because of his filthy strikeout ability.

I think you'd have a hard time getting onc scout to agree with you at this point. Penn has become a huge question mark for two reasons. When he was healthy, he got lit up in the major leagues. Since his operation, which wasn't considered major (bone chips, not TJ), he still hasn't seemed to come all of the way back. I'm not giving up on him completely but I don't see how anyone can call him the top pitching prospect in the organization with any confidence whatsover. Besides the fact that technically he's not even a prospect, but let's consider him one for the sake of this argument. He's been passed by Olson, Liz, Spoone, Tillman, & Arrieta, not to mention the possibility of a few others. I'm rooting for Penn but he's got a lot to prove at this point.

Yea, you can't consider him a better prospect RIGHT NOW just because he was very good a few years ago.

You can say that he has a ton of room for improvement and if he reaches that level again, he may leap everyone but right now, there is no way he is our best pitching prospect.

Archived