Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know, but this whole thing is big. I mean you don't go to all this troube for no reason. We own majority of this network.

My other point is that they may be making more $ on attendance this year than last.

How about if the Station makes little money?

TV is more important than ticket sales.

Bingo.

The NFL is suffering with ticket sales, too.

I know for me...I used to go to 2 games a year. Then decided it was not worth the time, traffic and everything to go to Ravens games any more. That and I largely think the fans are obnoxious. But that's just me. I much prefer the baseball atmosphere.

That said, the invoices were sent far too late. The later invoices are sent...the more time people have to think about whether it's a necessary expense or not. Also certainly didn't help that this was a below average club last year that got hot for the last 5 games to make it a .500 club.

I still think people are being incredibly naive if they don't think the riots contributed to: season ticket renewals as well as single game tickets. There are a lot of scared white people that don't live in the city that now won't go to the city at night...for whatever reason. I don't agree with those people, but it exists. The white flight to suburbia exists. Add unrest to an area that those people left in the first place and well..do the math.

It's obviously a variety of factors. Invoices, poor season last year and riots last year all are huge contributors.

And business writers looked at the MAsN court filing in which the Nationals received 9.6 million in profit in 2015.The Orioles based on the distribution made over 50 million in profit.Those figures came from the Orioles filing and not the Nationals.

Off MASN? Wow.

That is what the business writers claim.Hopefully they are somewhat accurate. In rhe filing it does show the the Orioles gave an additional 9.6 million in profit to the Nationals in 2015 besides the 29 million both teams get.

That would seem somewhat accurate then. I wonder how much the Orioles team ran in the red last season. You know, with the riots and no walk up with increased payroll.

That would seem somewhat accurate then. I wonder how much the Orioles team ran in the red last season. You know, with the riots and no walk up with increased payroll.

Yeah.Looked at another site and the Orioles did file in the MASN dispute that they gave the Nationals an additional profit if 9.6 million. Rights fees just for the Nationals was 42 million. I don't see with all the stadium revenue and the National TV contract the Orioles are not profitable. Well since MASN is a separate entity the Orioles could show a loss.One if rhe writers said the Orioles payroll could go to 175 million and they would still make a profit.

Yeah.Looked at another site and the Orioles did file in the MASN dispute that they gave the Nationals an additional profit if 9.6 million. Rights fees just for the Nationals was 42 million. I don't see with all the stadium revenue and the National TV contract the Orioles are not profitable. Well since MASN is a separate entity the Orioles could show a loss.One if rhe writers said the Orioles payroll could go to 175 million and they would still make a profit.

For the sake of argument if the Orioles sold 300,000 more tickets at an average of $30 that is $9M. Of course it is impossible to know of they could sell that many more what the average price would be.

At the end of the day attendance does not matter as much as it did years ago. It still matters but isn't nearly as important as it used to be.

Forbes says the Orioles had $239M in revenue, $53M from gate. Pretty small percentage on many levels. Not saying it isn't significant.

http://www.forbes.com/teams/baltimore-orioles/

But saw something else where that is just ticket sales and another 30 million in parking, concessions,merchandise and signage.I am leaving for the game soon but will find all this later today or tomorrow.

Archived