Tropical Storm Hermine

Crazysilver03

*Obligatory weathermen are never right statement*

This could have a huge impact for this coming weekend series against the Yankees. Many models are now showing that this will track across the south and stall out off the Delmarva coast, with many areas from NY to GA possible of seeing 2-5" of rain. Looking at multiple possible postponements and a very hectic make up schedule if so. Thankfully the rosters expand but it could still lead to roster decisions that weren't anticipated in the first place.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*Obligatory weathermen are never right statement*

This could have a huge impact for this coming weekend series against the Yankees. Many models are now showing that this will track across the south and stall out off the Delmarva coast, with many areas from NY to GA possible of seeing 2-5" of rain. Looking at multiple possible postponements and a very hectic make up schedule if so. Thankfully the rosters expand but it could still lead to roster decisions that weren't anticipated in the first place.

So. You are saying we could pitch Miley and Ubaldo only over a five game span?

We shall see.

The Virginia beaches would deal with similar impacts Friday night to midday Saturday, while the Delmarva catches the brunt of the storm during the day Saturday, possibly continuing Saturday night or even into Sunday morning.

In this scenario, coastal flooding could close roads, and travel to/from the beaches, at least for a time, may be discouraged or impossible.

Areas as far west as the Interstate-95 corridor (Richmond, Washington, Baltimore) and even to the Interstate-81 corridor could have a period of moderate to heavy rain and some strong winds mostly during the day Saturday. Some models suggest the storm could stall close to the area, keeping rain around into Sunday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/08/31/increasing-chances-for-tropical-storm-conditions-in-the-mid-atlantic-this-weekend/

We shall see.

The Virginia beaches would deal with similar impacts Friday night to midday Saturday, while the Delmarva catches the brunt of the storm during the day Saturday, possibly continuing Saturday night or even into Sunday morning.

In this scenario, coastal flooding could close roads, and travel to/from the beaches, at least for a time, may be discouraged or impossible.

Areas as far west as the Interstate-95 corridor (Richmond, Washington, Baltimore) and even to the Interstate-81 corridor could have a period of moderate to heavy rain and some strong winds mostly during the day Saturday. Some models suggest the storm could stall close to the area, keeping rain around into Sunday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/08/31/increasing-chances-for-tropical-storm-conditions-in-the-mid-atlantic-this-weekend/

I doubt any of that happens. Sounds like worst case fear mongering to me.

Not really fear mongering, at least for coastal areas. I take it you haven't made it to the coast since the storms last winter?

As a matter of fact, I have. And unless we take a pretty major hit from a big storm, there's just no way that travel to/from the beaches, at least for a time, may be discouraged or impossible. I just don't see this storm being bad enough to do that.

Archived