Very Important Weekend

Bahama O's Fan

Not sure what "spark" you expect to come from guys with .757 and .775 OPSes in Triple-A. Which current Orioles hitters would you replace with Mancini or Walker, and why?

Lol, oh the OH...

Listen man. I am not your student or child. Please don't be so condescending and I don't owe you an answer to this: "And why" l feel like I am talking to my professor.

If you don't agree with my point, don't respond.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is a lefty and throws 100 mph, he's not just some retread. He's much younger than the average age of players in AA.

Not saying he is a panacea, but when you have a lefty throwing that hard and in his last 10-15 performances seems to be clicking, it's worth considering. My only point.

Last 10 appearances: 3.86 ERA, 13 SO, 10 BB, 12 H in 11 2/3 IP.

That nets out to a 10 SO/9.

But also nets out to a 7.7 BB/9 and, perhaps worse, a 1.887 WHIP.

Tanner Scott is intriguing. But he still needs a lot of work. I hope he gets it all together because 100+ mph and a lefty is a rarity.

Last 10 appearances: 3.86 ERA, 13 SO, 10 BB, 12 H in 11 2/3 IP.

That nets out to a 10 SO/9.

But also nets out to a 7.7 BB/9 and, perhaps worse, a 1.887 WHIP.

Tanner Scott is intriguing. But he still needs a lot of work. I hope he gets it all together because 100+ mph and a lefty is a rarity.

He would be the new Big Unit.

He is a lefty and throws 100 mph, he's not just some retread. He's much younger than the average age of players in AA.

Not saying he is a panacea, but when you have a lefty throwing that hard and in his last 10-15 performances seems to be clicking, it's worth considering. My only point.

The velocity is nice, but as a big league prospect he is probably two years away. That's if he figures it out and gets the walks under control.

He's no where close to being in the conversation for a big league promotion at this point. I rather promote Keegan Akin from Abderdeen. Again, not someone in the conversation but he's likely closer to the Majors than Scott is.

Most good playoff teams have 1-2 solid if not superstar pitchers in the starting rotation and good set up man along with a great closer. We just have a great closer, but our other relievers are suspect this year. Our starters have been inconsistent and downright bad. Our hitting has no longer been clutch like last year winning more 1 run games than any other teams. I do not see us making a push to the playoffs. We are a long ball team that cannot manufacture runs consistently with timely hitting. When the cooler weather is upon us, our HR production will tail off. We look like the Cubs of last year, but without a Lester or Arreita. We needed to trade for a big time starter and failed miserably as usual.

FYI: the Yankees have won 6 in a row with an injection of youth. Trea Turner has given the Nats a new face and energy.

Clearly Walker or Macini or Cisco may not be that caliber, but trying something like that may not hurt.

I am not sure how highly Walker is thought of.Roch had him as one of the guys that might have come off the 40 man roster when they got Bourn and Stubbs.

I am not sure how highly Walker is thought of.Roch had him as one of the guys that might have come off the 40 man roster when they got Bourn and Stubbs.

Walker will be 26 next year. He's very close to becoming an org. player. They may protect him for one more year.

Every game is a must win at this point.

I would consider Macini, Walker or even Cisco or Tanner Scott if they can help.

Wasn't able to watch the game tonight but definitely getting concerned with our road performance.

Why would you want minor league players to come up that have never played with the big club? Go with the guys who brought you this far.

Lol, oh the OH...

Listen man. I am not your student or child. Please don't be so condescending and I don't owe you an answer to this: "And why" l feel like I am talking to my professor.

No one said you are a child. I think it's a good question. Who do they replace?

I don't see that they are better than us on paper.
Starting pitching matchups:

Fulmer 2.77 vs. Gausman 3.58

Zimmerman 4.44 vs. Jimenez 6.19

Verlander 3.28 vs. Tillman 3.76

Tigers top 3 hitters:

Cabrera .315 .389 .553 .941

J.D. Martinez .319 .384 .570 .954

V. Martinez .293 .349 .475 .824

Orioles top three hitters:

Machado .307 .358 .564 .921

Trumbo .255 .319 .532 .851

Davis .229 .340 .486 .827

So I guess the bottom six guys in the lineup, the defense and the bullpens are all irrelevant?

Lol, oh the OH...

What's so condescending about asking you to explain your point? And if you want someone to respect your opinion more, saying that everyone who doesn't agree with you should leave you alone isn't a very good start.

So I guess the bottom six guys in the lineup, the defense and the bullpens are all irrelevant?

Of course not. But let's not act like the bullpen is just as important as the starting rotation or the bottom half of the lineup is just as important as the top half.

Their defense is just as good as our's by all measures. You want to start getting into the rest of the lineup and bullpen and maybe we have the edge but I'll take starters and superstars any day. Not to say it's not close, but on paper I think they are the better team. Doesn't mean we can't beat them tomorrow and doesn't mean we can't beat them out for the wild card.

Of course not. But let's not act like the bullpen is just as important as the starting rotation or the bottom half of the lineup is just as important as the top half.

Their defense is just as good as our's by all measures. You want to start getting into the rest of the lineup and bullpen and maybe we have the edge but I'll take starters and superstars any day. Not to say it's not close, but on paper I think they are the better team. Doesn't mean we can't beat them tomorrow and doesn't mean we can't beat them out for the wild card.

In my opinion, they do not have the advantage. We've outscored them by 26 runs on the season and their pitchers have allowed 6 fewer runs than ours. That gives us a run differential that is 20 runs better than theirs. I particularly disagree with your argument that the best three hitters in the lineup decide who has the better lineup. Ours is much better balanced. I also think our defense is better, though that is more debatable. And I think you exaggerate the importance of the rotation vs. the bullpen -- as I said, their staff has allowed 6 runs fewer than ours - only a very slight advantage.

All that said, let's win today and turn to the question of whether we're better on paper than the Red Sox.

Archived