If we can win the series in Boston, I like our chances for a division title

Frobby

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know how we've managed to face Porky only once all year before now. He's had a really good season and that big contract he signed with the Sox doesn't look too bad now. The big thing is he's had tremendous run support -- 7.20 runs/game. The Sox have failed to score at least 4 runs only four times when he's pitched. Gausman needs to make it five.

Good Game. Great Series.

Well, the O's did as I asked. And yeah, I like our chances now. I'd still make Boston the favorite but we control our own destiny and it won't necessarily take an amazing performance the rest of the way. It probably takes 11-6, but even 10-7 might get us there, depending on the home series vs. the Red Sox. I'll be interested to read the BP odds when they're updated tomorrow morning.

I almost feel like we have to win pretty much every game Gausman pitches from here on out, same with Tillman, and hope for .500 from the rest.

And that still might not be good enough.

That would be a .700 winning percentage, or a 12-5 record the rest of the way (these are approximate numbers). I am pretty sure 92 wins would be enough to get at least a WC (and very conceivably the division).

I almost feel like we have to win pretty much every game Gausman pitches from here on out, same with Tillman, and hope for .500 from the rest.

And that still might not be good enough.

Gausman, Bundy and Jimenez are the ones that have kept the O's in it the last month.

Well, the O's did as I asked. And yeah, I like our chances now. I'd still make Boston the favorite but we control our own destiny and it won't necessarily take an amazing performance the rest of the way. It probably takes 11-6, but even 10-7 might get us there, depending on the home series vs. the Red Sox. I'll be interested to read the BP odds when they're updated tomorrow morning.

Awesome awesome win.

I'd handicap the team's odds around 30%. 50% for Boston and 20% for the Jays.

OK Frobby Ill give it up. You believed. I DIDNT.At least I didnt believe they would win the series. This was a big boy pants game tonight, and Gausman passed all tests. Just dominant, gutsy, and intimidating ..the kind of game that can, going forward, put a young pitcher in an elite category conversation.I aklways KNEW he had it in him,,and one day he will pitch a no hitter. A massive, massive win for our guys, and I was very wrong..and I love it, And will always love being wrong when we win.

Don't start to get positive Roy. You reverse jinx powers are very real! lol

As someone else here said, biggest win since 2014 postseason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I can't believe this. O's win two of three from Boston on the road, Gausman is developing into an Ace, and I think my wife actually cared about what I had to say tonight. Well, I'm not sure bout the last one, but the first two are true!

Yeah, I can't believe this. O's win two of three from Boston on the road, Gausman is developing into an Ace, and I think my wife actually cared about what I had to say tonight. Well, I'm not sure bout the last one, but the first two are true!

As Meatloaf once said, "2 out of 3 a'int bad".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived