Buck: why is Pearce still playing in an 11-2 game when his shoulder is obviously killing him?

Frobby

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel the same way, Frobby. I thought that was pretty negligent. Maybe he'll give an explanation in the post-game, but man, he looked like he was in pain and probably could have thrown be better with his glove arm.

Purgatory for screwing up in the first inning? Green Monster doesn't allow Kim to play far enough away from the hitter?

In case some readers' sarcasm meters were off: :D

Buck dry humps his position players. It's obscene.

It's one thing to play your young star players (Manny & Schoop) religiously (and yes, it's troubling). It's quite another to play a guy who can't throw a baseball more than 30 feet to an infielder who's run out to him so he doesn't hurt himself.

Yesterday would have been a good game to put your best outfield together. I know Bourn isn't the player that can carry you to the promise land, but Pearce is obviously hurt and should only be used As a DH. I would platoon Kim and Bourn in LF for the rest of the season. Kim was at his best when he and Rickard were finally being platooned.

Pearce is one of Buck's nuggets. He's going to play. Even if it means playing out of position. Someone like Kim, who isn't one of Buck's favorites, is going to sit.

That is just one of the things you have to accept with Buck as the manager.

:agree:

Watching Pearce (who I also like a lot) trying to throw last night was painful to me as well. Not a big fan of every decision that Buck makes.

Archived