Sensible Plans (I think)

Greg Pappas

I don't think you want to go there. I'm 100% in favor of the Cubs trading Zambrano, and getting what they can now. (Not that I expect it.)

So then what is your feeling on Bedard? Do you see him leveling off at his current rate? Progressing? Regressing?

In my mind he is aweful close to being a true #1.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys I've been on O's Hangout for awhile now but I usually used to just read the posts. I recently made an account so I said heck with it might as well start posting. After tonights game I agree with the majority on this board that Sammy needs to go. We need to hire someone from outside the organization. Some new blood....maybe Girardi?? wishful thinking huh? But, the manager is not our only problem. Our team does have talent, don't get me wrong, but this might be one of the worst assembled $90 million baseball team I have seen. So what should we do? I am in favor of keeping all the young cheap guys and shipping everyone else out. One person that I keep hearing in trade proposals that I think we should keep though is Bedard. This guy is a stud. Second in the league in strikeouts...he could easily have double the wins he has now if our anemic offense gave him some run support. But, who do you guys think could be expendable is we start to rebuild? Plz feel free to add on and discuss.

Hitters:

Tejada

Mora

Hernandez (Weiters in the wings)

Millar

Huff

Payton (had a good game today but we have to look at the bigger picture)

CPat (not much value right now)

Gibby (not much value right now)

Pitchers:

Trax

DCab (Hopefully can net us Tex)

Most of the highly paid bullpen and Ray

With shipping some of these guys out for prospects we could have a cheap team with a solid nucleus. Kinda sounds like the Nats huh?

Hitters who could form the heart of a future team:B-rob, Markakis,Tex among others

Pitchers: Bedard, Guthrie, Loewen and some of the guys coming up

What do you guys think? Plausible or not? I think sooner than expected the youth movement would perform. Not to mention we would be clearly heading in one direction instead of getting mixed signals from the FO.

Hey guys I've been on O's Hangout for awhile now but I usually used to just read the posts. I recently made an account so I said heck with it might as well start posting. After tonights game I agree with the majority on this board that Sammy needs to go. We need to hire someone from outside the organization. Some new blood....maybe Girardi?? wishful thinking huh? But' date=' the manager is not our only problem. Our team does have talent, don't get me wrong, but this might be one of the worst assembled $90 million baseball team I have seen. So what should we do? I am in favor of keeping all the young cheap guys and shipping everyone else out. One person that I keep hearing in trade proposals that I think we should keep though is Bedard. This guy is a stud. Second in the league in strikeouts...he could easily have double the wins he has now if our anemic offense gave him some run support. But, who do you guys think could be expendable is we start to rebuild? Plz feel free to add on and discuss.

Hitters:

Tejada

Mora

Hernandez (Weiters in the wings)

Millar

Huff

Payton (had a good game today but we have to look at the bigger picture)

CPat (not much value right now)

Gibby (not much value right now)

Pitchers:

Trax

DCab (Hopefully can net us Tex)

Most of the highly paid bullpen and Ray

With shipping some of these guys out for prospects we could have a cheap team with a solid nucleus. Kinda sounds like the Nats huh?

Hitters who could form the heart of a future team:B-rob, Markakis,Tex among others

Pitchers: Bedard, Guthrie, Loewen and some of the guys coming up

What do you guys think? Plausible or not? I think sooner than expected the youth movement would perform. Not to mention we would be clearly heading in one direction instead of getting mixed signals from the FO.[/quote']

Welcome to the hangout. Great ideas you have, but they will NEVER happen. This organization has hit rock bottom. :002_scry:

Does anyone know where I can buy a Yankees hat? :o

Who leads the league in K's.......

BFD.

Bedard's last start was emblematic of his career.

His peripheral stats look nice, especially the 8 strikeouts, but if you look closely and are prepared to be honest about the situation, he didn't do his job very effectively. He didn't keep the other team from scoring, he couldn't control his pitch count, and consequently he only lasted 5 and saddled his bullpen with having to get 12 outs.

That's not uncommon for this guy.

Don't get me wrong. Bedard's very good. He's just not as great as many folks here make him out to be, IMO.

Guest rochester

Interesting....

Obviously there is a huge gap between what a fan believes that an O is worth vs. others. That's why we have this board....but I also see that most on this board are more critical of the entire organization, including players, because they are passionate about the team.

So, generally speaking (IMO), I do not think that folks on this board overrate the roster on an individual basis.

Bedard - I think if we seriously put him out there during trading season that a team that is close enough that a good SP would put them over the hump will be willing to pay a good amount (probably overpay if our FO is smart enough) in a trade.

I would seriously put DCab, Trax and the BP out there when it comes to pitching...the only P's I would not hang out there would be Guthrie, Loewen (of course with his injury) and most of the young guys in the minors except for Penn....

Archived