Sensible Plans (I think)

Greg Pappas

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is beyond stupid. This team needs a wake up call.

I don't even care if the moves don't include firing Sam. They have to make MULTIPLE MOVES ...

-demote Cabrera to the bullpen, promote Olson and demote Parrish. Cabrera needs to know that a spot in the rotation is not guaranteed, it is earned.

-demote Bynum, call up House.

-designate Patterson. I think there is a good chance if you designate him that someone will call and we can work out some trade. Call up Majewski. Tell him he is being platooned with Payton in center.

-release Castillo. Call up Knott and platoon him with Gibbons in left.

Finally, tell Sam HE WILL platoon these guys and that Knott, House, and Majewski are to get time.

Then start shopping EVERYONE not named Markakis. It would take an extraordinary offer to land Bedard, but I am not opposed to one trade.

Oh yeah, I changed my mind. Fire Sam.

You are going to demote DCab after one bad start?

He isn't pitching like i would like but he has only imploding once, last night, all year.

Demoting him makes no sense.

DFAing CPat is a bad move as well....You have to stick it out with him for at least another month.

He isn't pitching like i would like but he has only imploding once, last night, all year.

DFAing CPat is a bad move as well....You have to stick it out with him for at least another month.

Exactly Sports Guy...

Demoting Cabrera would be beyond desperation. You could argue that the Orioles are there, but I don't think so.

I'm afriad now that the Orioles are seeing why the Cubs gave up on Patterson. He should be more motivated then this - it's his walk year after all. Watch him turn into Eric Brynes.

Exactly Sports Guy...

Demoting Cabrera would be beyond desperation. You could argue that the Orioles are there, but I don't think so.

I'm afriad now that the Orioles are seeing why the Cubs gave up on Patterson. He should be more motivated then this - it's his walk year after all. Watch him turn into Eric Brynes.

Why does it have to be about motivation? Could it simply be that he is not that good a player?

His ERA is 5.17. He has not improved in the last 3 years. Is he walking less people this, yes, but he is getting hit harder. This is a game of results and he is not providing them. I could live with him being in the rotation, but something has to change, 5.17 is not acceptable.

On Patterson, well I could stick it out with him for another month, but this team NEEDS to be shaken up. Multiple people need to lose their job. Everyone is complacent.

Yes i did and then i referenced back(in my mind) to your garbage offer for Bedard.

As i said, just move on. If we have to take back one of the terrible contracts for you guys to take back Bedard, it is even worth discussing.

If you want three cheap, ML-ready guys back for Bedard, then you better get your head around the sort of "garbage offer" I laid out, because that's what'll be available.

And the worst of those "terrible" contracts has like $6 or $7M left on it (less than Bedard will make next year), not something truly terrible like $50M.

If you want three cheap, ML-ready guys back for Bedard, then you better get your head around the sort of "garbage offer" I laid out, because that's what'll be available.

And the worst of those "terrible" contracts has like $6 or $7M left on it (less than Bedard will make next year), not something truly terrible like $50M.

I GUARANTEE you teams would blow away that offer...Murton has been demoted to the bench, Gallagher is a decent prospect and the third player is garbage, no matter who it was.

Your offer is junk.

I GUARANTEE you teams would blow away that offer...Murton has been demoted to the bench, Gallagher is a decent prospect and the third player is garbage, no matter who it was.

Your offer is junk.

Actually, Murton's been demoted to AAA.

Even better...We could get Murton and another player for Ray(or maybe even Bradford or Walker) in all likelihood and you want him to be the main piece in the puzzle for Bedard? lol

You have no idea why Murton was sent to AAA.

You have no idea why Murton was sent to AAA.

I don't care why.

His numbers aren't good this year and he was a part time player for them.

His value isn't what it was last year and to think he can be the central point in a package for a top pitcher, who is under control for 2.5 more years and who would have a ton of teams bidding for him is a joke.

You're having a lot of fun with this "main piece" and "central point" stuff, but those are your words, not mine.

Murton is just one of several quality young/cheap players I threw out there (12 altogether, IIRC). To me he'd be a perfect fit for the O's. If you don't want him because the stupid Cubs haven't given him many ABs this year, then that's your prerogative. There's no limit of 1 on stupid organizations.

davearm, what about that Rowengartner kid? I think the freak accident he had on the mound in the 1993 NLCS did a number on his shoulder but do you think the O's could get him as a throw in?

He's not THAT old now, either...he still has some years left in the tank and if he could ever find his way again I think he could be pretty special for the O's.

Archived