Buck Stuff

ChuckS

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crazy talk

If it comes out the Britton was injured I'll gladly take it back. But you don't get these opprutinites that often. To let your best pitcher not even in get into the game in a do or die game is indefinisble. We've all had critism the way Buck handles games during the regular season and I can take it if it's saving the pen over the long haul. But this is do or die, you have a guy who but up a 0.54 ERA during the season and the middle of the order is coming up. I'm sorry, but if we ever want to win a WS I think Buck needs to go.

I disagree. Buck got away with bad decisions. You use your BEST pitchers in a tie game where if you lose, you go home. Buck was doing everything he could to NOT use Britton. The results were good, but they were not

smart moves. It just isn't. Gibbons had it right using Osuna for two innings and then going to Liriano. Showalter did all he could to not use Britton, the best pitcher in BASEBALL at a time where you had to shut the other

team down. Terrible decision. Also, why not walk Encarnacion? Why are we hanging our entire season on Ubaldo out of the bullpen?

I said he used the BP brilliantly up to the last inning. I have to give him credit for taking Tillman out early for Givens, giving Givens more than an inning, keeping Brach in when he got in trouble and going to O'Day at the right time. Not going to the best stopper maybe in the history of the game in an single game elimination is inexcusable.

THIS game was 100% on our complete failure as an offense. A complete inability to make a pitcher work...our complete ineptitude to do something OTHER than hit a HR. This has been an issue pretty much all year. WE MUST CHANGE THIS CULTURE.Sure, blame Ubaldo if you want.We werent going to score.You MUST BRING BRITTON IN THERE..unless he's hurt. Either way, this is really about an offensive failure. Completely and absolutely about incompetence as an offense.NO OTHER EXCUSES.

Buck should have pitched Britton but the offense gets the ultimate blame here. I agree

You know, searching through that Ubaldo vs. Tillman thread, there were a lot of votes for Ubaldo to start this game.

This one is a hard one to swallow but people bashing Buck and pretending they can manage better are deluding themselves.

It is not "bashing" it is telling the truth. I guarantee you former managers will be talking about how foolish it is to have your best pitcher never enter the game. If you use him for a couple of innings and you never score and eventually lose, then so be it, but he has to get into the game.

If Britton wasn't injured buck should be fired. No other choice. I don't care when he brought Britton. He could have brought him in the sixth and I would be fine with it. This is a one game playoff you cAnt be concerned about save situations.

And why is Reimold even on the team. He has been awful for what 7 years?

Archived