Yeah, Buck Screwed Up, But It Was The Hitting That Lost This Game.

ORIOLE33

I think the Orioles have three choices. [a] They might try to keep much of the current roster, stay competitive and try to sneak back into the post-season in the near future or do a complete rebuild, or [c] keep some start players for fan interest but sell off most of the other older valuable players. I see that they are going to lose Wieters and Trumbo for sure. Both should be given qualifying offers and they will bring a 1/2 type draft pick. Two of the three, Manny, Scope and Davis can be traded for a slew of prospects. Starting pitching is about ready to come available- with Tillman, Urbaldo, Gausman, Bundy, and one of several from the minors (Wright, Wilson, Lee, Hart and several others), there will be 5 adequate starters and plenty of relievers. Rebuild the club, take shorter swings and make runs with 3 hits rather than 3 strikeouts and a solo homer.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the real culprits aren't being let off the hook. FOUR HITS!?!? What the hell was that?

This. And zero, count 'em, zero hits after the 6th inning (and that was a Machado infield single). Machado, Jones, Davis, Schoop, Kim, Trumbo (other than one swing of the bat), Wieters, all looked awful. And I could've done just as good of a job as Reimold did in his at bat.

Buck and DD are not going to rebuild. DD has already displayed that he could care less about the farm system. Our Bullpen should be solid, starting pitching looks better on paper going into 2017 than it did this year. Were stuck with Davis' contract. Mancini will DH. We need a catcher and speedy defensive outfielder. Time for Jones to bat 6 in the order.

I think the Orioles have three choices. [a] They might try to keep much of the current roster, stay competitive and try to sneak back into the post-season in the near future or do a complete rebuild, or [c] keep some start players for fan interest but sell off most of the other older valuable players. I see that they are going to lose Wieters and Trumbo for sure. Both should be given qualifying offers and they will bring a 1/2 type draft pick. Two of the three, Manny, Scope and Davis can be traded for a slew of prospects. Starting pitching is about ready to come available- with Tillman, Urbaldo, Gausman, Bundy, and one of several from the minors (Wright, Wilson, Lee, Hart and several others), there will be 5 adequate starters and plenty of relievers. Rebuild the club, take shorter swings and make runs with 3 hits rather than 3 strikeouts and a solo homer.

I don't think Davis would bring back much in prospects unless the O's ate a lot of his contract. The later years of his deal are likely to be ugly, and other teams in MLB are aware of that risk.

I'm glad that he didn't go to Britton to prolong the agony of having to watch this lineup not hit. I probably got an extra 30 minutes of sleep, and I'm feeling a bit more energetic this morning.

This is sad but true. Game was over when Bourn didn't make that catch. Offense is so pathetic.

2 runs 4 hits and a terrible umpire. That's why they lost. Hell if Stroman doesn't have a brain fart vs Trumbo then the game ends 2-0.

Actually that wasn't a terrible pitch by Stroman but Trumbo seemed to be looking for that pitch and location, so kudos to Mark. He appeared to be the only one in the lineup using his brain and swinging mainly at pitches that allowed solid contact. Absent Trumbo we get shut out as the rest of the offense was pathetically non-existent.

I'm glad that he didn't go to Britton to prolong the agony of having to watch this lineup not hit. I probably got an extra 30 minutes of sleep, and I'm feeling a bit more energetic this morning.

I'm glad you could fall asleep because I sure as hell couldn't. Rather lose 9-2.

Buck and DD are not going to rebuild. DD has already displayed that he could care less about the farm system. Our Bullpen should be solid, starting pitching looks better on paper going into 2017 than it did this year. Were stuck with Davis' contract. Mancini will DH. We need a catcher and speedy defensive outfielder. Time for Jones to bat 6 in the order.

Josh Reddick, Yoenis Cespedes (opt out), Jay Bruce (Club option), Michael Saunders. I want Reddick, but would be ok with Cespedes and Saunders. Best catchers on the market are Wieters and Ramos. So do we want to pay Ramos until Sisco is ready, or do we promote him now and let him learn at this level.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/03/2016-17-mlb-free-agents.html

Actually that wasn't a terrible pitch by Stroman but Trumbo seemed to be looking for that pitch and location, so kudos to Mark. He appeared to be the only one in the lineup using his brain and swinging mainly at pitches that allowed solid contact. Absent Trumbo we get shut out as the rest of the offense was pathetically non-existent.

I said that only because of Trumbo's power chart. Like 90% of his home runs are in that zone. You just don't pitch him there.

This is sad but true. Game was over when Bourn didn't make that catch. Offense is so pathetic.

Zero hits off Cecil, Biagini and Grilli. Pitiful. Davis, Weiters and Hardy looked overmatched entire night.

Oh well, don't have to stay up late watching that B.S. for rest of post-season.

Archived