Style points

Frobby

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we are doing doesn't work in the playoffs

Tony wrote an excellent piece on how bad our core is in the postseason

and if we ever made it to late Oct/Nov in a large cold National League Park we'd really have trouble hitting HR's and therefore scoring

I'd rather had Ryan Flaherty batting over CD or Schoop.

He is our leading postseason hitter

What we are doing doesn't work in the playoffs

Tony wrote an excellent piece on how bad our core is in the postseason

and if we ever made it to late Oct/Nov in a large cold National League Park we'd really have trouble hitting HR's and therefore scoring

I'd rather had Ryan Flaherty batting over CD or Schoop.

He is our leading postseason hitter

Using a sample size of a couple dozen ABs to justify batting Ryan Flaherty over Chris Davis or Jonathan Schoop in a playoff game would be almost as logically bad, if not as significant in terms of leverage, as ignoring your best pitcher in the most important moments of an elimination game.

Using a sample size of a couple dozen ABs to justify batting Ryan Flaherty over Chris Davis or Jonathan Schoop in a playoff game would be almost as logically bad, if not as significant in terms of leverage, as ignoring your best pitcher in the most important moments of an elimination game.

It's good to remember that Davis, Wieters and Machado didn't play in the 2014 playoffs, and Schoop wasn't around in 2012. So the sample sizes on those guys are even smaller than on Jones and Hardy. So, I don't put too much stock in those numbers, though it's undeniable that our core guys haven't hit well in their limited playoff experience.

Archived