When did you turn the TV off?

Frobby

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, too, turned it off before it cleared the fence. As others have noted, most any fly ball would have won it.

How absurd, really. It couldn't have been just a single or a sac fly. It just had to be a godforsaken first-pitch three-run home run.

For me, the instant I realized that ball was headed for the stands, I turned my TV off. Didn't even wait for Encarnacion to get to 3B. The last thing I needed was to watch the Blue Jays celebrate or the announcers doing their interviews and post-mortem. I hate it when the Orioles' season ends, whether it's after Game 162 or Game 7 of the World Series, and losing that way to that team is something I did not want to wallow in.

I had my Thumb on the OFF BUTTON when Ubaldo entered the game. I pressed it when I saw the swing by Encarnacion.

Seconds afterwards. Didn't watch any postgame. Actually put in my new copy of Get Shorty. Got my mind off it at least.

I was still in disbelief that when Buck went to the mound and didn't pull Ubaldo for Britton so it took me about a second longerti turn off the tv after he swung. I was like in a daze.

I changed the channel after watching them celebrate for a little. In 2012, I turned it off as soon as the Ibanez's ball cleared the stands.

Some things have changed in the last four years. It still hurts...but it doesn't kill or haunt me like it used to. I'd like to say I've matured, but I know that's not it. I've just had to learn how to let things like this go or else everything collapses upon me.

Archived