Dave Wallace resigned

Crazysilver03

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wallace wanted to retired last season and Buck talked him into one more year, and with the agreement, he could miss some time away from the team during the regular season.

Considering the progress Bundy, Gausman, Brach, and eventually Ubaldo and Wade made, I'm very grateful for the extra season he gave us. In retrospect, he worked wonders with the 2014 pitchers.

Considering the progress Bundy, Gausman, Brach, and eventually Ubaldo and Wade made, I'm very grateful for the extra season he gave us. In retrospect, he worked wonders with the 2014 pitchers.

True, but, it sounds like Scotty M gets some credit for Wade's progress and Ramon Martinez also for Ubaldo.

Hopefully, Chiti will continue the same path.

I believe Wallace is still going to be welcome with the team. Buck was hoping they would work out a deal with a role for him.

True, but, it sounds like Scotty M gets some credit for Wade's progress and Ramon Martinez also for Ubaldo.

Hopefully, Chiti will continue the same path.

I believe Wallace is still going to be welcome with the team. Buck was hoping they would work out a deal with a role for him.

Yes, you're right. I noticed in the interview that Wallace said he especially enjoys developing young pitchers and gave Bundy and Gausman as examples. Aside from continuing to monitor those two, who would be next on the horizon for him to help out with?

As for others like Scotty and Martinez chipping in, considering our history of hampering certain pitchers, I'm additionally grateful that Wallace didn't interfere.

Wasn't McGregor in charge of our minor league pitching prior to the Buck Years when we had an organizational wide problem of throwing strikes? I would be concerned if he was in the mix to replace Wallace. I have read a lot of good things about Alan Mills and hope he would be a serious candidate along with Ray Miller.

I dont remember minor league, but he was here:

McGregor was named interim Orioles bullpen coach in late 2013 replacing Bill Castro who was promoted to pitching coach.

The next Orioles pitching coach will be Buck Showalter?s sixth, and more importantly, will be Chris Tillman?s sixth?and Zach Britton?s fifth.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/baltimore-orioles/fond-farewell-magnificent-orioles-pitching-coach

Yeah, I don't like the revolving door. Seems like Wallace is the only one who has left a positive impression.

I guess Kranitz was already eyeing other opportunities when Buck arrived? I don't remember.

The next Orioles pitching coach will be Buck Showalter’s sixth, and more importantly, will be Chris Tillman’s sixth—and Zach Britton’s fifth.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about Tillman and Britton. Its the younger guys I worry about.

Archived