Was the Season Successful?

Bahama O's Fan

I haven't updated my "injuries happen" thread, but I'd say we had an exceptionally healthy year. Off the top of my head, among the key players, only Hardy and O'Day missed significant time. The odds are we will have more significant injuries in 2017 than we had this year.

Rickard doesn't count as a key player???

I'll agree that overall injuries seemed on the light side this season and when they did hit it was more the background guys than the key players.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can imagine a point where, if we had Cubs-level talent, I would consider 89 wins and a Wild Card loss a failure of a season.

But with the roster we have, the division we play in, and the fact that it is really pretty hard to make the playoffs in MLB, yes I consider this season a success. It could have been more successful with some tweaks, and I hope to see more success in the future.

I think we'll be a contender, if not a favorite, for at least another year. Maybe beyond that too if things break right. Some people have foretold the end of our "window" seemingly every year.

It matters to me. I watch baseball for pleasure, entertainment. If the season gives me pleasure then it's successful. I enjoyed this season. It wasn't perfect, but things don't have to be perfect for me to enjoy them.

That was great Gordo. That's a smart answer. I don't think anything is perfect.

Davis' broken hand obviously impacted the season.

Not really a broken hand, right? Just a very sore one. Not to belittle that, but lots of guys are impaired with nagging injuries that don't keep them out of the lineup.

Not really a broken hand, right? Just a very sore one. Not to belittle that, but lots of guys are impaired with nagging injuries that don't keep them out of the lineup.

I think he had a hairline fracture. At the least. I also think he was told that nothing short of a few months rest would fix it. It may even have been a spiral.

From your point of view only' date=' was this season a successful one? You can post what criteria you had before the season if you like.[/quote']

Yeah why not? Winning record they squeaked in the WC spot. Sure I want another WS but it's a heck of lot better then being out of contention in July.

Archived