Winter Meetings

bobmc

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carlos Gomez to Texas, one year deal.   

According to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, the Rangers have re-signed outfielder Carlos Gomez.
He'll get a one-year, $11.5 million contract, per FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal. It's a bit surprising Gomez couldn't find a multi-year deal in this weak free agent market, but his dreadful tenure with Houston likely scared teams away. Gomez batted .284/.362/.543 with eight homers and five steals in 33 games down the stretch this past season with Texas, after getting released by the Astros in early August. He will probably open the 2017 campaign as the Rangers' starting center fielder. Dec 6 - 11:48 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4403/carlos-gomez

18 minutes ago, murph said:

Carlos Gomez to Texas, one year deal.   

According to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, the Rangers have re-signed outfielder Carlos Gomez.
He'll get a one-year, $11.5 million contract, per FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal. It's a bit surprising Gomez couldn't find a multi-year deal in this weak free agent market, but his dreadful tenure with Houston likely scared teams away. Gomez batted .284/.362/.543 with eight homers and five steals in 33 games down the stretch this past season with Texas, after getting released by the Astros in early August. He will probably open the 2017 campaign as the Rangers' starting center fielder. Dec 6 - 11:48 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4403/carlos-gomez

That's a signing I would have been on board with.

2 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/12/orioles-show-interest-in-chris-carter.html?fv-home=true&post-id=79711

Orioles show interest in Carter.

If they feel the need for a positionless hitter, just bring back Alvarez.

I question how much interest we have "shown" with some of these rumors.

Granted I believe DD is kicking many tires and window shopping, but since he plays close to the vest, some of this has to be the tons of sports writers trying to sell space in the off-season.

5 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I question how much interest we have "shown" with some of these rumors.

Granted I believe DD is kicking many tires and window shopping, but since he plays close to the vest, some of this has to be the tons of sports writers trying to sell space in the off-season.

I agree and don't think we are all that interested. Carter does have much better numbers at DH than he does as a 1B offensively.

i honestly think we will see DD make a move today via trade. I am not going to speculate on the move but I don't expect it to be Granderson or Bruce. The 1year guys don't really help as the turnover will just continue. I'd like to see them get someone with 2+ years of control.

15 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

That extra OF's quote makes me think he was talking about Steve Pearce.  Pearce seemed like he signed for a very fair value and would have been a nice fall back option from Trumbo.  

Dan is shocked every year at this time, it is remarkable. The problem with Pearce is his wrist injury. IMO he will not be right until 2018, because he can't workout like normal and your wrist is a major key to bat speed.

15 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

Dan is shocked every year at this time, it is remarkable. The problem with Pearce is his wrist injury. IMO he will not be right until 2018, because he can't workout like normal and your wrist is a major key to bat speed.

He also mentioned fast and lefty and that leaves Pearce out of the equation.

I am no so down on Miley, I think he showed some nice stuff at the end, hoping that carries over into this season.

Plug him into the 4th slot after the trio of Tilly, Bundy and Gausman, and let the other two duke it out for #5 slot.

4 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Unfortunately, I think you're right

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

I am no so down on Miley, I think he showed some nice stuff at the end, hoping that carries over into this season.

Plug him into the 4th slot after the trio of Tilly, Bundy and Gausman, and let the other two duke it out for #5 slot.

I'm not either, but Gallardo and Jimenez worry me. We need to get rid of one of the two

Archived