Update: O's sign Trumbo to 3yr/$37 mil deal

Dark Helmet

Weams-thinks Trumbo signs next week. We will see.

If we sign him to a 4/52 deal now with all the options out there, I would be shocked. The money is not the issue to me, but that pick....

No sense in wasting yet another pick......Don't do it Dan!

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rene88 said:

Teams thinks Trumbo signs next week. We will see.

If we sign him to a 4/52 deal now with all the options out there, I would be shocked. The money is not the issue to me, but that pick....

No sense in wasting yet another pick......Don't do it Dan!

I have very little doubt that if Trumbo came back and said he'd take the 4/$52 mm previously offered, Dan would do it.    

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I have very little doubt that if Trumbo came back and said he'd take the 4/$52 mm previously offered, Dan would do it.    

I agree and so does Weams it seems. What do you think? I just don't see why you do that now with the options available that don't require a pick.

28 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I agree and so does Weams it seems. What do you think? I just don't see why you do that now with the options available that don't require a pick.

Dan said he wants a RH bat. What RH bat is available that doesn't require a pick?

Lets just hope that this RH bat that Dan wants can also play some good corner outfield defense. That is the weakness that needed addressed, and so far not so much. I like Seth Smith and to me he is an average outfielder. That's a first step. What he needs now is an above average defender for the outfield.

11 hours ago, weams said:

I agree. If he wants more, I think Dan is prepared for him to find it elsewhere. And I don't see Peter Angelos negotiating with agents this season. In fact, I have seen John referred to as owner by several publications. 

I have heard from an attorney friend of mine that Peter Angelos health is rumored to be not well.

18 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

I honestly doubt we sign Trumbo at this point. We'll get a pick from someone

“Well, I don’t consider coming back and accepting a $52 million offer anything to be ashamed about or just feel bad about,”

3 hours ago, weams said:

“Well, I don’t consider coming back and accepting a $52 million offer anything to be ashamed about or just feel bad about,”

If I were the Orioles I'd feel ashamed for having offered it in the first place.

36 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

If I were the Orioles I'd feel ashamed for having offered it in the first place.

The O's paid Trumbo 9m last year and considered it a bargain.   He hit 47 homers and drove in over a 100.   They increase the salary offer by 4m.   I think that level on interest is understandable.

Archived