Orioles' Offer To Mark Trumbo Opens Up Numerous Possibilities

PressBoxOnline

I would prefer Mancini as DH, and Trumbo on another team.  Yes, he hit a lot of homers for us, but he, like many of his fellow hitters, hit poorly after the All Star break (which I read is not unusual for him.)  Primarily, I think there are better uses for the money that it would cost to retain him.

I would prefer Mancini as DH, and Trumbo on another team.  Yes, he hit a lot of homers for us, but he, like many of his fellow hitters, hit poorly after the All Star break (which I read is not unusual for him.)  Primarily, I think there are better uses for the money that it would cost to retain him.

40 minutes ago, Ori-Al said:

I'm pretty much in the same boat, although I'm not sure how well Mancini would do. If not Mancini I'd be happy with a stopgap DH for '17.

I think the money should be spent elsewhere, preferably on some sort of upgrade for the corner OF spots.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Mancini for Granderson is a horrible deal for the Orioles. The many years of cost controlled service is worth way more than 1 year of Granderson not withstanding the 15 million he's owed.

That's why I wrote the part about what else would we ask for if they were interested in Mancini. The point being, if we are re-signing Trumbo, there is really no point in keeping Mancini.

Archived